[ Chapter 52 ]

Y/n's pov.   

" This is worse! " I cry from the pain I feel in my entire body.

I whimper as my chest feels like my inside are being burned.

" Try not to move so much " the Pisces maid said as she use the cold soaked rag and put it around my shoulder.

I sit on this bathtub of cold water and grip the edges, I'm half naked, they made the water as cold as possible. But it only feels warm to me and my body is like an oven from the inside. The maid put some cold compress on my forehead and I can't stay still on this bathtub to how uncomfortable I feel.

I suddenly hear yelling outside this room.

" What's happening out there? " I asked.

I look at the blond maid who's focus on keeping the water cold with new blocks of ice and soaking more rags.

" Riley " I said and she turns to me with her deep blue eyes.

" I'm not supposed to tell you " she said as she replace the towel around my neck with a new one.

" What's going on?–. . . " I let out a moan of pain from another burning sensation in my chest.

I turned to my side as the rag on my forehead falls and she holds my hand.

" Their suspecting the pirates spiked your drink " she said.

" What? " I furrow my eyebrows.

" Captain Roanne is currently arguing with Her Majesty right now, they've sobered up the heirs as well " she said.

" What time is it? " I asked.

" Just pass midnight " she said and wipe the sweat off my head with a cold towel.

" It's only been three hours " I let out a laugh of pain before I cry in the end.

" You gotta stay strong " she said.

" You have to tell my dad, it can't be the pirates " I said as I breathe heavily.

The door opens and I see Cathleen all sobered up.

" Gods, it's worse than I thought " she said then shut the door behind her.

Riley got up and put more ice in this bathtub, I sit up as I lean my head back.

" How are you holding up? " Cathleen kneels down.

" Never better, tell me what's going on out there " I said.

" Her Majesty is furious, they seized the Madelaina and now lord Viktor is in charge of questioning the pirates " she said.

" No, Ashley wouldn't do it, it's just an accident. . .she wouldn't " I wince and Cathleen holds my hand while Riley kept my body cool.

" I know, she wouldn't do it after you saved Daphne, nonetheless she even signed the contract of alliance " she said.

" Someone set her up " I said.

" Your not thinking– "

" It isn't a coincidence, that we were brought here and this happened, it was planned " I said.

" But who would do it? " She turns her face away in confusion.

" It's not one of us " I said.

" How are you so sure? " She asked.

" Before I drank the champagne, it smelled like lavender and lemon " I said then let out another moan of pain.

Cathleen then grab a cold towel and put it on my chest.