Like Romeo and Juliet

The next day, I did absolutely nothing. I was too broken to do something. Breaking up with Daniel was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I literally felt my heart bleeding.
I watched the race, but every time Daniel got mentioned or was on the screen, I felt this bad pain again. I saw, that he wasn't performing good. His performance was really bad and I knew, that he was in a similar bad condition as I was.

Daniel ended up on P14. When he got out of his car, everyone could see his disappointment. I felt bad for him, but I was still heartbroken and mad. One thing that cheered me up was, that Ferrari had a 1-2. Carlos on 1 and Charles on 2. I was very proud of the boys. So I wrote in our group chat we once did.

Me: Hey boys, I am very proud of you 👏❤️
Charles: Thank you Sarah 😊
Carlos: We missed you 😘
Me: I missed you guys too 😘 You did an amazing job 👍
Carlos: I'll face time you after 😉
Me: Good 😌
Charles: I won't come home to Monaco... I am sorry. But you can always call me 😘
Me: Okay, I definitely will 😊

A few hours later, Carlos video-called me. He was sitting in a hotel room and was wearing a blue shirt. He looked great. "Hey cutie, how are you?" He asked with a sweet smile. "I am good, thanks. How about you?" I replied and smiled back. "I am good too, thanks. But you are not, right?" He said and looked at me with a serious face. "I am! I mean... Not too bad... I am... Okay... No... No I am not..." I replied and needed to hold back tears again. "Don't cry sweetie... I know what happened.. I saw it with my own eyes. And the moment I saw it, I knew how much you would suffer... I wanted to call you yesterday but I didn't find time... Sarah I am sorry about what happened. I know my words don't help you, but I need you to know that I am here for you if you need me." Carlos said and smiled at me with a pity face. "Thank you so much Carlos... It means a lot to me..." I replied and smiled.

After the call ended, I went to bed. It was very early, but I didn't feel like doing more. I looked at some photos of Daniel and me. It hurt so much to look at them. I wanted to delete the photos, but I couldn't. I was mad and heartbroken, but I still loved him. I wasn't sure if it was the right decision, but I kept the photos.

The next day, I woke up because of the door bell. I was really confused, as I didn't order anything, but I stood up and went to the door. I opened it and saw a smiling Carlos with flowers and Ice Cream in his hands. "Hey Sarah, I hope I didn't wake you up..." He said and hugged me. "You did, but that's okay. Nice to see you Carlos" I said and smiled at him. "I have something to cheer you up" He replied and gave me the flowers and the ice cream. "I hope it helps to boost your mood" He said and I kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you very much Carlos. You are a true hero" I said and gave him a sign to come in. He sat down on my couch and I gave him a cup of coffee.

"How do you feel sweetie?" Carlos asked while I sat down next to me. "A little bit better... I just can't explain why he did that... It drives me crazy." I replied and looked on the floor. I hated this talk, but I was glad that Carlos was there. "I had a little talk with him." Carlos said. "He told me that it was the biggest mistake he's ever done" He continued and grabbed my hand. He started stroking it and looked in my eyes. "Sarah he loves you. Maybe you two need some space right now. But you are made for each other. When you two break up, it's like Romeo and Juliet break up. Or Cinderella and her prince. You two need each other. Sarah. You have to forgive him. Maybe not now. But one day you have to. Please..." He said and looked at me with a beggar face.

After Carlos left a few hours later, I got a text from Pierre.

Pierre: Hey Sarah. I heard that you broke up with Daniel... I am really sorry about it... If you need me, you can always come over 🥰 I am here for you 😉 Oh, and I wanted to ask you, if you want to have dinner with me this week? I mean just to distract you from all the pain and the bad mood. I hate to see you sad. Of course I understand if you say no 😉
Me: I would love to, thank you Mr. Gasly 😉 When do you have time?
Pierre: Tomorrow?
Me: In the restaurant du métropole?
Pierre: Perfect. Is 7pm too late?
Me: Nope, that's perfect. So 7pm in the Metropole?
Pierre: Yes 👍 I am really looking forward 😘
Me: Me too. Good night Gasly 😘
Pierre: Good night Mary 😉😘
Me: Idiot 😆
Pierre: You're also a nice person 😘