Strive hard to Invite for practicing Islam

Today I want everyone to realize how blessed they are if they were born Muslim with Muslim parents, why? because I know a lot of reverts that struggle a lot within themselves because their parents aren't Muslims yet you find such reverts amongst people who treat their parents with the utmost kindest and respect. Subhan'Allah.

Whenever I hear someone reverts to Islam, I remember the Sahabah RA, why? because almost all of them were reverts and it is quite a shame how we treat reverts, how there comes a discrimination within that line. Astagfirullah.

Let me narrate to you a story of one of the greatest Sahabah RA that ever walked in this world, Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu Anhu.
Did you know how much he tried and convinced his mother to revert to Islam? How much he endured patiently even when at times his mother would be so angry with him, yet he sought for what is good for his mother and never despaired?
_____

Abu Hurairah RA narrated that his mother was a polytheist who often got angry when I invited her to Islam every now and then.

"One day, I again called upon her to embrace Islam, but she flew into a rage and uttered some offensive remarks against the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam. Deeply upset, I went to the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam with tears in my eyes and said "I always invite my mother to Islam, and she always refuses. I asked her again to accept Islam today, but she said some things against you that have made me really sad. May I request you to pray that Allah guide my mother?"

The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam prayed very generously and cheerfully, "O Allah! Guide Abu Hurairah's mother to the right path."

My joy knew no bounds to have the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam pray for my mother. I returned home and found the door closed from the inside. My mother had heard the sound of my footsteps and said: Abu Hurairah, wait until I open the door. In the meanwhile, I heard splashing of water. Then my mother hurriedly took bath, got dressed, covered her head with a sheet of cloth and opened the door. As she opened the door, she said, Abu Hurairah! I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and that the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam is His Servant and Messenger."

I again went to the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam crying with joy and said: "O Allah's Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam! I have good news, Allah has answered your prayer and guided my mother to Islam."

The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam praise and glorified Allah and prayed for goodness. I further said: "pray that Allah may instil love for me and for my mother in the believers and let our hearts be filled with their love." So the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam prayed for it.

Accordingly, this supplication was answered by Allah so that every believer who hears of me or sees me has love for me."
______

Alhamdulillah. Subhan'Allah.

My brothers and sisters in Islam, revert or born Muslim, I know we all go through such struggles. Born Muslims who are in situations where their parents are still trapped with the cultural bang of traditions and revert Muslims who are still struggling to invite their parents to Islam, this is a beautiful struggle for all of us.

Never give up on inviting your family to accept and practice Islam accordingly. Yes, our situations may all be different but we all are striving to invite them to the same way, to the same path.

Take advantage of these remaining days of your life, invite them everyday to Islam just like how Abu Hurairah RA did with his mother, even when she got angry with him often, still this did not stop him from seeking what is good for her mother.

Always accompany your invitation and calling to Islam with a sincere du'a for only Allah can turn hearts. So rely upon Him at all times. Every word said and act done for His Sake will surely be rewarded. So never despair.

Just like how reverts are doing their best to invite more people from their family to come to the fold of Islam, born Muslims should also do same efforts to clear out the cultural traditions they have mixed with Islam so that our religion would be practiced appropriately.
______

May everyone of you, who is struggling with such situation, be inspired through this story of Abu Hurairah RA to not give up from what you are doing for His Sake. May Allah accept all your efforts and grant us beautiful blessings here and in the hereafter.

May He unite us all with our loved ones in His Paradise. Amin

_____

Story was taken from Sahih Muslim, Hadith 2491