From Foes to Friends...

Safwan Ibn Umayah

Safwan had once plotted with Umayr Ibn Wahb to have the Prophet Muhammad killed.
Although this plot was foiled by the Prophet himself, Safwan nevertheless continued his mission against Islam and the Muslims.

Following the Conquest of Makkah, the Prophet instructed Umayr to inform Safwan Ibn Umayah that he will be given four months' amnesty to live in Makkah as a free man.
This came as a total surprise to Safwan who had already made plans to flee Makkah, fearing persecution for his crimes.

One month later, following the Battle of Hunayn, the Prophet generously gifted Safwan with an entire valley of camels as a reward for his help in providing weaponry.

Despite the fact Safwan was not a Muslim at the time, he could not believe the generosity the Prophet had just shown him and thus almost immediately accepted Islam.

Safwan was reported to have said

"Oh people believe in Islam, for Muhammad gives as though he does not fear poverty"
as is narrated in Sahih Muslim.

Ikrama, son of Abu Jahal

was a great enemy of the Prophet and Islam. He ran away after the victory of Makkah and went to Yemen.

After his wife embraced Islam, she brought him to the Prophet Muhammad under her protection.

He was so pleased to see him that he greeted him with the words:

"O emigrant rider, welcome."

Fudalah ibn 'Umair

Fudalah ibn 'Umair was a vehement foe to the prophet Muhammad to the extent that he planned to kill the prophet at the time of opening Mecca.

How dangerous is that! The prophet's army amounts to 10 thousands of Muslims that is Fudalah would definitely be killed if he ventured his plan. Yet, out of deep spite, Fudalah decided to sacrifice his life to kill the prophet.

During the conquest of Mecca, the Prophet began his Tawaf (circling) of the Ka'bah. Fudalah thought that in all the clamor he could conceal a poisoned dagger and approach the Prophet saws and none would be the wiser.

As Fudalah began his approach , the Prophet saws stopped and turned and faced Fudalah and addressed him from a distance,

"O Fudalah, what are you plotting within yourself?"

Fudalah said

"I am here in pursuit of righteousness."

The Prophet saws continued and Fudalah began to draw closer still. Once again the Prophet saws asked

"O Fudalah, what are you plotting within yourself?"

Fudalah again said,

"I am here in pursuit of righteousness."

The Prophet saws smiled and continued. Soon, Fudalah was in striking range, but the Prophet of Mercy struck first. kept his hand with mercy on his chest.
No sooner The prophet raised his hand from my chest, unless he became the dearest to me.

This is the attitude and stance of the prophet Muhammad towards a man tried to kill him unless Allah protected his Messenger.

Habir ibn Al-Aswad was another vicious enemy of Muhammad and Islam. He inflicted a serious injury on Zainab, daughter of the Prophet when she decided to migrate to Madinah.