Lowering gaze in Islam

The era which we are living, where gazing at strangers  has become a part of our daily life through media, posters, internet, magazines and everywhere around us. One finds that there is no way escaping!

Let me tell you, our Islam does not change with times or trends. Islam always teaches us to be modest .
Allah has a wisdom behind everything he ordered...

Allah knows that something as serious as zina can start from something as simple as a gaze! Whatever small opportunity the shaytan sees, he will take it until a person commits a major sin.

This is the story of a man who was found struggling hard, to keep away from glancing despite of the fact that he's from this era. He knows that more taqwa leads to the protection from Shaytan and his whispers.

“There was a man in Glasgow who became ill and was hospitalized. He was admitted for three days and on the fourth day, the attendant nurse said,
“Marry me”.

He [the brother in Glasgow] asked,

“Why? I am a Muslim, you and I cannot become companions.”

She said, “I will become Muslim”.

“What’s the reason?” it was asked.

She said,

“In all my time that I have served in hospitals, except you, I have never seen a man lower his gaze in front of a woman. In my life you are the first person who lowers his gaze when seeing a woman. I come, and you close your eyes. Such great modesty can be taught by none other than a true religion.”

The protection of one’s gaze entered Islam in her. She testified to the Oneness of Allah and became a Muslim. They both got married. By now, the same woman was and is the means of bringing so many other girls and women into Islam.

The prophet(saws) said,

“The eyes also commit zina, and their zina is the lustful look.” (Reported by al-Bukhari and others.)

The Prophet (sal allah alayhi wasalam) told ‘All ibn Abu Talib, “Ali, do not let a second look follow the first. The first look is allowed to you but not the second.”(Reported by Ahmad, Abu Daoud, and al-Tirmidhi.)

Allaah says in Quran: 

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things.
[al-Noor 24:30]

And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts”

[al-Ahzaab 33:53]

 There are means which help a person to lower his gaze, and we ask Allaah to help you to do them: 

-- Bearing in mind the fact that Allaah is watching you, that He sees you and is with you (by His knowledge) wherever you go. 

– Seeking the help of Allaah, beseeching Him and calling upon Him (du’aa’).

--Striving with your self and training yourself to lower your gaze and be patient in doing so, and not giving up. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning: 

As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths.[al-‘Ankaboot]

--Avoiding places where a person feels he will be exposed to the temptation.

-- Keeping company with good people, because you are naturally affected by the characteristics of the people you mix with.

-- Remembering that the earth on which sin is committed will bear witness. Allaah says: 

That Day it will declare its information (about all that happened over it of good or evil)”

[al-Zalzalah 99:4]

9 – Remembering the angels who are recording your deeds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you,

Kiraaman (Honourable) Kaatibeen —writing down (your deeds),

They know all that you do”

[al-Infitaar 82:10-12]

It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

Please vote my stories, it really means a lot...