Allah's help can come in different ways

17 Ramadhan, 2 AH, Friday

This was the day, the battle of Badr took place.

Indeed, almost all Muslims and non Muslims know about this great battle, but more than it being a battle it is also a treasure chest of reminders and reflections. 

As much as I wanted to narrate the whole story about this Badr, I chose to pick one of the highlights of this event - the angels sent as help from Allah Azza Wa Jall.
_____

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam remained in the hut praying earnestly to Allah Azza Wa Jall to protect the Muslims and grant them victory. Allah Azza Wa Jall says in the Qur’an:

“Remember you implored the assistance of your Lord. And He answered you: ‘I will assist you with a thousand of angels, ranks on ranks. Allah made it but a message of hope, and assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah: and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.” [Qur’an Al Anfal: 9-10]

It was narrated by Al Bukhari on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas RA who said, “On the day of the battle of Badr, the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam said, 

O Allah! I appeal to You (to fulfill) Your Covenant and Promise. O Allah! If Your Will is that none should worship You (then give victory to the pagans)!’

Then Abu Bakr RA took hold of him by the hand and said. “This is sufficient for you.” The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam came out saying a verse from the Qur’an, “Their multitude will be put to flight and they will show their backs.” [Qur’an Al Qamar: 45]

Ibn Ishaq said that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalam persisted in praying to Allah to grant him victory, which He had promised to him, and Abu Bakr RA would tell him, “O Prophet of Allah, your Lord will fulfill His Promise to you.”

While the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam was in the hut he slept a light sleep; then he awoke and said, “Be of good cheer, O Abu Bakr. Allah’s help is coming to you. Here is Jibrail holding the rein of a horse and leading it. The dust is upon his front teeth.”

Then the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam went forth to the people and incited them, saying, “By the One in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, no man will be slain this day fighting against them with steadfast courage advancing not retreating but Allah will cause him to enter Paradise.”

Al Bukhari narrated on the authority of Rafi Al Zuqri RA who was one of the Badr warriors that Jibrail came to the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam and said, “How do you look upon the warriors of Badr among yourselves?” The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam said, “As the best of the Muslims.” Or said a similar statement. On that, Jibrail said, “And so are the Angels who participated in Badr.”

Indeed, angels did participate in the battle of Badr. Ibn Abbas RA said that the Angels did not fight any battle but Badr. In the other battles they were there as reinforcements, but they did not fight.

In this context, Ibn Ishaq reported that Waqid Al Laith RA said that I was pursuing a polytheist at Badr to smite him, when his head fell off before I could get at him with my sword, and I knew that someone else had killed him. 
_____

This short excerpt from the event that took place that day would really tell you how Allah Azza Wa Jall helped, helps and will help those who call upon Him, and He when He helps, He Helps in the BEST way, in here, with the best of angels. 

Now, let us ponder hard about this. How many times have we called upon Allah for help when we were facing such trials and hardships in our life? And how many times did His help come? Yet, most of the times we fail to recognize that there is no Help except in Allah. 

His help can come in different ways, in different times but such help were the structured in the best way it can ever be, because it was from Allah Azza Wa Jall. 

How cruel is our heart that when we find ease from something that hurts us, we couldn’t even utter Alhamdulillah. How cruel is it that when we find a way out from a situation that we thought we could never escape, we couldn’t even think of thanking Allah for it. How cruel is it that when we want something so much yet we couldn’t get it, instead of thinking that it must have been for the best for us, we blame his Qadr

How many of us hit rock bottom? How many of us had the worst of cases, yet we are still here, reading this, breathing? The help of Allah is ever but near. It is us who refuse to call upon Him. It is us who doesn’t.
_____

And we pray that through remembering the battle of Badr and what has taken place during that day would also enlighten and uplift our heart to be thankful for what we have been blessed with and to remember such mighty people who have fought for this religion and send salutations to our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam.

Amin.
______

This was a day of victory. This was a day of triumph. 

Let this victory live on through worshipping Allah in the best way possible.

_____

Story was taken from Ghazwatul Rasool, Ibn Kathir, Al Manarah, pp. 35-39