Cancel Your Date

You sighed after turning in front of the mirror one last time. After your own, there was only one more opinion you needed. "Niall!" You chirped, pulling the bathroom door open and dancing your way to where Niall sat with his eyes glued to the television screen. He was leaned forward on the couch, with his elbows rested on his knees. His eyes followed the screen, until they snapped over to you. He did a double-take, glancing back at the TV before moving his eyes back to gawk at you. "Do I look okay?" You asked, spinning in a circle for him.

With dazed eyes, he continued to stare at you. He mindlessly nibbled on his bottom lip and you followed his gaze, right to the low-cut neckline of your dress. He shamelessly stared at your exposed cleavage and you giggled, covering yourself with your arms. "Niall!" You hissed, "Just tell me if I look okay, please?" He swallowed hard and slowly nodded his head, still not providing you with the answer you were looking for. "You don't think this is too revealing, do you...?" You asked, moving your arms away. You smoothed your hands over the sides of your dress.

"N-no," He shook his head, "No, you look great." He folded his arms behind his head, reclining back with his legs outstretched in front of him. He clicked his tongue and let his eyes trail over your figure again, starting from your bare feet. You were definitely very flattered, but he was your best friend and you knew he shouldn't have been looking at you like that. "Why are you all dressed up, sweetheart? Where are you going?" He asked as he traced his own fingers through his hair, keeping his eyes on you.

"I didn't tell you?!" You excitedly gasped. You turned your back to him and went in search for a pair of heels before explaining, "I have a date tonight. Some guy I met at a grocery store the other day. Of all places!" You laughed as you disappeared into your bedroom. Niall sat silently in the other room, his smirk falling instantly. He'd decided, now, that maybe the dress was too revealing. The only time he ever wanted you to wear a dress like that was if you were going on a date with him.

When you reappeared with a pair of heels in your hands, Niall spoke up. "(Y/N)?" He said, grabbing the remote and turning your television off. He scooted over on the couch, clearing a spot for you. Thankfully, you plopped into the now empty spot beside Niall and bent over to tug your heels on.

"Yeah?" You breathed as you fastened one of your shoes.

He bent over because you were bent over and he felt like he needed to be, too. "Now that I look at it up close, I actually think your dress is a little too much. I mean, you don't even know this guy. He could be a perv, and I don't want some weirdo getting all cozy with you," He said, waiting for your eyes to trail up and meet with his. You straightened your back and furrowed your eyebrows, giving Niall a weird look. His eyes stared into yours for a long time before he mumbled, with a reddened face, "Because, God, I'd be touchin' you if I were him."

Your eyes widened and your whole body went stiff. It wasn't like you and Niall weren't close - because you definitely were. He'd probably given you a thousand compliments in all the years he'd known you. But this one...this one felt different. You were expecting him to laugh it off, but he didn't. He only continued to stare at you with an intense expression on his face. "W-what?" You breathlessly stuttered, not because you didn't hear him, but because you needed to know if this meant what you wanted it to mean.

Nothing more was said before Niall moved closer to you, so that his knee was touching yours as he turned to face you. Resting one hand on top of yours, he placed his other hand behind your head. You closed your eyes, already knowing what was coming next. A smile tugged at Niall's lips, taking your actions as his invitation to move in. His eyelids fluttered shut just as he leaned in and softly pressed his lips to yours. Your slow and passionate kiss soon escalated when Niall pushed you down onto the couch. You giggled and pulled apart, desperate for air. Breathing heavily, he hovered above you for a moment before smashing his lips onto yours again.

When he pulled apart, it was to whisper, "Cancel your date." He reached out, feeling his hand along the coffee table until it grasped your phone. Fumbling with your phone in his frantic hands, he handed it to you. You searched your phone for the guy's number as Niall added, with a flirty wink, "But keep the dress on. For me."