Sleepy Niall

You carefully crawled into bed next to Niall and frowned a little as you watched his back rise and fall with every breath he took. He had been so tired the night before, and it was clear that he needed sleep, but he had a busy day ahead of him. You knew that if you didn’t wake him up, he’d be really late. “Niall,” You whispered, gently stroking his hair. “It’s time to get up, baby.”

Niall didn’t respond at all, in fact he didn’t even move an inch. You let out a breath, knowing it would take a lot more than that to get him up and out of bed. Your hand slid down his bare back and you rubbed circles into his skin. “Niall,” You tried again, “Niall, come on, honey.” He shifted a little this time, but that was it. You watched as his body settled back into the deep sleep that he was in. You dropped your head and groaned.

You placed your hand on his shoulder and tried to shake him awake. Without opening his eyes, a deep and throaty groan left his lips. You were determined, now that you had made a little progress. “Niall,” You sang, moving so that you were sitting on your knees. You shook him again, this time a little stronger, and Niall whined in response. He squirmed around a little and you were hopeful for a second, before he went still again. You slapped your forehead with your hand and sighed.

“Niall, please,” You breathed. “Come on, I have breakfast ready for you downstairs. Will that motivate you? I made pancakes!” You knew he could hear you but he didn’t respond. He was secretly hoping that maybe if he stayed quiet long enough, you’d let him sleep. But you weren’t going to give up that easily.

You climbed out of bed and took the blanket with you, pulling it off of Niall’s body. He felt the air hit his body, as he was only wearing a pair of boxers, but the chill wasn’t enough to move him. “Okay now you’re just being stubborn,” You snapped at him, “I know you hear me, Horan.” He wanted to giggle but he held it in for the purpose of seeing how long he could test you. He really was tired, but he was well awake now. He just wanted to push you as far as he could.

You then grabbed his exposed ankles and used all of your strength to tug him out of bed. His eyes flew open as you pulled him until half of his body was hanging over the edge of the bed. A smirk spread across your face and you said, “Alright, get up.”

But Niall stayed there, half on the bed and half off of the bed, with his limbs sprawled out everywhere. “No,” He mumbled. You raised your eyebrows, accepting his challenge. You disappeared for only a second and Niall was about to crawl back into bed when you suddenly burst into the room with his guitar in your hands. You jumped around and strummed at his guitar as obnoxiously as you could.

A smile formed on your lips as you continued to jump around because you knew you’d won. Niall loudly groaned and finally brought himself to his feet. He narrowed his eyes at you and you giggled, planting your feet to the ground and muting his guitar. You clicked your tongue and as you turned toward the door, you said, “Breakfast is waiting downstairs for you.”

Niall watched you until you were out of view. He stretched his arms out and let a yawn slip past his lips before sleepily following after you.

**Cute sleepy puppy Niall makes me want to scream.**