chp: 9

my eyes traced every crack and every outline of the rundown ceiling. i licked the inside of my cheek, turning to face the window, the sun still down. i turned to look at my alarm clock, there was just a moments time -a few hours- before i would have to get ready for the academy.

i slowly sat up, yawning as i rubbed my eyes. touching my eye bags. i got off my bed and walked to the small bathroom.

taking a nice, hot, relaxing shower.

i stayed underneath the warmth for awhile, maybe an hour. it was soothing.

when i got back into my room, i grabbed the usual black outfit. the difference was i kept the fishnets off today and used a black sleeveless hoodie as a top. everything else stayed the same. i slipped my fingerless gloves on, they do go with everything.

i grabbed my hook blades and put them on my back in their sheaths, like any normal day. but this time, i also grabbed my headband and put it over my forehead.

i walked out of my apartment locking the door and turning, jumping when i saw naruto.

"hey, walking buddy!" naruto grinned.

i noticed he was wearing a headband, which was weird, didn't he fail? he caught my gaze and gave a closed eye grin. touching the band and adjusting it.

"pretty cool, huh?"

i nodded, we began to walk. we walked by a dango stand and i suddenly felt hungry.

"i'll catch up later, head to the academy." i said.

he nodded, "see ya!" he ran off.

i fished out some money, handing it to the seller. my mouth watered as i walked off and scarfed it down. throwing the stick away and finished the brisk walk to the academy.

i walked into the classroom, not saying a word as i sat down in my usual spot.

"you're late." ikruka said, i waved my hand in an apology. he pinched the bridge of his nose, "i've already assigned teams, you'll be with naruto, sakura and sasuke."

i gave a simple thumbs up. i put my hands behind my head and zoned out. i couldn't wait to see our new sensei, i bet he's cool. they have to be cool.

i snapped back into reality when a hand was being waved in front of my face. it was a pale hand. i looked and made eye contact with sasuke.

"we're the last team." he simply said.

i hummed, concluding our sensei was late. i looked away and put my head down when naruto began to put an eraser in between the sliding door.

"make us stay late, you get pranked."

i began to feel fatigue wash over, my eyes droopy. i sat up quickly when i heard an unfamiliar voice call us a bunch of idiots. i rubbed my eyes, i needed to do something about this bad habit.

"are you alright?" sasuke whispered.

i slowly looked at him and nodded, rubbing my eye with my fingers for a split second.

i got up and followed everyone else. sasuke kept a steady hand behind my back and his other hand slightly out in front for support.

how cute.

then i felt myself sitting, i looked around. a roof?!?

i zoned out again, why would we be on a roof? i snapped back into reality when -once more- sasuke waved a hand in front of my face. i glanced at him again. deja vu.

"hm." i hummed, my eyes softening.

"your turn for an introduction. likes, dislikes, hobbies, goals... your name." but something was off by the way sasuke was looking at me, "are you sure you're okay?"