chp: 32

the matches dreaded on, lightning did not care who won. all he cared about was speeding the process up so he could run off and head straight for the hospital.

screw trying to act touch and upset, he just wanted to make sure sasuke was okay. he feared for the uchiha.

he looked to see kankuro talking to naruto, so he began to walk over there.

"don't take this the wrong way, but i don't like you!" he heard naruto said.

he giggled, catching both of their attentions.

"lightning! hey! hey lightning!" naruto waved his hands up widely, lightning blinked, giving a small wave.

"hey, lightning." kankuro greeted.

"hello, kankuro." he greeted.

"so what's the deal with that neji guy? was that the full extent of his powers?"

oh! i like talking about people's strength.

"nope. i've sparred with him multiple times, including with rock lee and ten-ten. he's amazing and cunning, i hate fighting him, but love it at the same time."

"fascinating." kankuro said.

"now, if that's all, i'm going back to kakashi. i was just curious on what you guys were talking about." he then turned and walked back to his sensei.

the only time lightning was invested in a fight was rock lee vs gaara. (sure, he thought kankuro and temari were cool as they finished their fight in a matter of seconds, but that's wasn't the point.) his eye was slightly wide and he felt pain for rock lee, a sick feeling rooted in his gut at the thought of him never being a ninja again.

he would visit rock lee, but other than that he didn't really see why he should fear gaara. there was something drawing him to the red haired male, and he had to find out why.

finally, we're fucking done! time for sasuke.

sakura grabbed lightning's wrist, lightning looked at her. sakura shivered at the purple in his eye that looked brighter, it even peeked out of his headband.

"w-we're not done. the hokage has to talk to us." she said, she was never one to stutter when it came to lightning.

naruto pursed his lips at their interaction, "i'm sure sasuke's fine. we can go to him after, okay?!"

lightning took a deep breath, nodding as sakura let his wrist go. but lightning said nothing to them, he just walked down with the rest of the winners. his head tilted down as he gripped the back of naruto's orange puffy coat.

the blond smiled, using his other hand to pat over lightning's. he was reassuring the bi-colored haired male.

lightning was thankful for naruto. there was so much going on and he was feeling his heart ache for no reason. he didn't like this feeling, and luckily naruto was there to help and ease it when sasuke wasn't.

so was sakura, shikamaru and kiba. but right now, they aren't really helping him. (besides shikamaru earlier when sasuke was fighting).

lightning took a deep breath, he decided he would be next to someone else. he walked and stopped next to temari.

she glanced at him, looking him over. she enjoyed his battle, and she could feel his bloodlust briefly.

"i enjoyed your match." temari said.

lightning jumped slightly, not expecting to be spoken to. he looked at her, then behind him and pointed to himself. she snickered, smiling at him.

"yes you. you're strong." she said.