chp: 12

"you must like reading."

lightning tilted his head upwards at the voice, his heart dropped when it wasn't who he wanted it to be. but, it has been a few days since they left, the mission definitely seemed like it would be longer than a few days.

knowing tazuna, he probably kept things hidden and drowned in his thoughts with alcohol.

"what? ignoring me?"

lightning blinked, he spaced out a bit. he stayed silent as his eyes studied the male before him. he looked a bit older, he had big round glasses and his hair was white. his clothing choices were weird, but it worked for him. although, lightning did like his fingerless gloves, he looked at his.

"where'd you get your fingerless gloves?" he still stood standing, adjusting his glasses and looking at the quiet male.

"my mother got them." he mumbled.

lightning looked back up at the male, then darted his eyes to the chair, cocking his head. the white haired male took his seat across, looking at all the books scattered across the table seeing them about other peoples clan.

"do you like knowing about people's clan?"

lightning thought about it, shrugging a bit, "it's interesting, but i'm more trying to find out about my clan."

"what's your clan?"

"you ask a lot of questions."

he put his hands up in surrender. "i'm kabuto."

lightning narrowed his eyes at him, where have i heard that name before?

he shrugged and mumbled a simple, "lightning."

"i've heard your name before."

lightning's gaze snapped into a glare. his hand subtly went to his back, his finger tips skimming his hook blade. his eyes widened when the male across from him began laughing, his mouth closed a bit, a light chuckle emitting from the knowing grin.

"once a killer," he whispered and got up, "always a killer." he patted lightning's shoulder before walking away. "we'll be seeing more of you, soon." and more specifically we'll be seeing more of that power hungry uchiha.

kabuto disappeared, he went back into the shadows. it wasn't his time to fully show himself to other people, but he did have to show himself to lightning. by orders no doubt.

lightning's mind jumbled at the conversation, he shivered a bit. he's heard the name before, but he couldn't remember where.

has my father said his name before? he hummed, shaking his head and digging his nose back into the book.

this time, he was reading about shikamaru's clan. reading on the shadow possession jutsu.

his fingers going under each word so he didn't lose his place, "the user manipulates their shadow across a surface to merge it with a target or targets' shadow. the user can stretch their shadow however they wish in order to accomplish this goal, but they are limited by their shadow's surface area; if a target can move far enough away from the shadow imitation's user, they are theoretically safe from it. but there are ways around this-"

lightning jumped when he felt someone crash against the empty seat across from him. ignoring the loud "sh!" he looked up to see a calloused hand grab the table, pulling themselves up along with grabbing the chair and setting it back down and he sat on it.

lightning almost laughed at the bowl cut being frizzled a bit, his green jump suit wrinkled a bit from falling.

"nice landing." lightning said, smiling as rock lee gave his signature smile and thumbs up.