chp: 48

lightning looked up at his ceiling, his fingers going up and down on sasuke's back. he tilted his head to the side and saw the sun peeking through his dingy curtains, indicating morning was here.

lightning furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't want to get up. nor did he want to wake sasuke up, but he really had to take a piss. lightning shifted and he was about to get up, but there was knocking on his door over and over.

this caused sasuke to stir lightly.

lightning decided to get up to answer the door, but sasuke groaned and tightened his hold on lightning. sasuke nuzzled into lightning, opening his eyes slightly and looking up at the male. lightning tried getting up again because the banging got louder, but sasuke didn't let him.

"sasuke, the door is annoying me." lightning grumbled.

"whoever it is will leave." sasuke responded into lightning's neck.

as soon as sasuke said that, it went silent. lightning sighed out, shimming down to rest his head on sasuke's chest. both relaxing into each other. their moment was interrupted again when the banging continued, this time a yell was heard.

"lightning, sasuke! we have a mission, get up! we have to meet lady tsunade. i know you guys are up! lightning doesn't sleep!" sakura yelled out.

lightning flinched, how does she know that?!

sasuke loosened his hold, his arms slowly letting lightning go. lightning didn't like that, he wanted to be held by sasuke again. the pale boy was looking at lightning with a blank expression, only indication was the furrow of his eyebrows.

"you don't sleep?" sasuke asked.

lightning slowly looked up at sasuke, the male looked wide awake now. lightning rubbed the back of his neck, getting up to get ready for the day.

"that's... that's not important right now. we have a mission to get ready for, come on." lightning evaded the question.

lightning turned to walk away, but sasuke grabbed his wrist. "why don't you sleep?" he asked quietly.

"it's nothing." lightning said, wiggling out of his hold and leaving the room.

lightning opened the apartment door, seeing sakura and naruto. lightning gave a forced and weary smile to the two.

"let us change and get ready, come in." lightning let the two in as they went to lightning's living room.

lightning went back to his room, closing the door so they couldn't accidentally peek in. lightning noticed sasuke was already changed. upon lightning's entry, sasuke looked at him and the male looked away.

"that talk isn't over." sasuke said, no anger or malice, just a yearn to know what was going on with his lightning.

"it is." lightning spat out, not meaning to. he just hated the topic of his insomnia, so he couldn't help but get defensive.

sasuke's eye twitched, "lightning, what's going on?" he sneered out through his anger.

it seemed the two were getting too angry too quick. it seemed like they weren't even trying to hide their annoyance or their distaste from the conversation in this moment.

"can we talk about this later?! it doesn't matter now."

sasuke knew lightning wasn't going to talk about it later. his voice and quick dart of his bi-colored eye to the wall spoke volumes.

"do you not trust me?!" sasuke asked, starting to feel hurt if that were the case.

first lightning looked happier with naruto, next sakura knows he doesn't sleep... where does that leave him?