chp: 23

apparently the chunin exams were supposed to be the hardest thing a 12 year old could do. but lightning didn't mind it, he walked to where the chunin exams were. his hands behind his head and he was humming, he's been through worse and it's not like he could get injured.

lightning enjoyed the peace and alone time he got. he wouldn't have minded walking with the team, but naruto would probably yell out how he was excited and sasuke would continue to pester lightning about not going by himself.

lightning signed up by 2:59, a minute to spare.

he walked to the giant doors, seeing kakashi waiting for him. his arms crossed.

"i'm surprised i beat you." kakashi said.

lightning hummed, "i'm learning from the best." lightning grinned.

kakashi chuckled, "well, i'm glad you made it." he adjusted lightning's headband, keeping it secure over his eye. "i'm proud of you just as i am with the other three. good luck."

he stepped out of the way, patting lightning's head and letting him go. he opened the giant doors, waving goodbye to kakashi and closing the door behind him.

everyone's eyes turned to the door, seeing who would come this late. lightning blinked, he was so loving the way people were staring at him.

"you made it!" naruto shouted, wrapping an arm around lightning's shoulders and yanking him towards the people he knew.

lightning sighed, smiling and nodding his head. he could always count on naruto to lift his spirits up, and to ease the tension.

lightning and sasuke made eye contact, lightning patted naruto's arm before getting out of it and walking towards the uchiha.

he slightly stood behind sasuke, his head resting on sasuke's shoulder and his hands clutching onto sasuke's arm/armband. he could still feel the eyes on him, so he practically hid himself from every eye.

sasuke stepped back, keeping lightning more hidden as he glared at any boy and girl staring at lightning. most quickly looked away.

"lightning!" he heard his name, he peeked out to see rock lee. "i look forward to beating you!"

"if you can." lightning responded, "i'm practically as good as you in taijutsu."

"sasuke can't relate!" naruto popped up, pointing to rock lee. "bushy brow kicked his ass."

"uzumaki!" sasuke growled, glaring at naruto.

the blond jumped and hid behind lightning a bit. "he might even take lightning away from us." naruto stated.

"that's it-" sasuke almost shook off lightning to punch naruto, but stopped.

lightning patted sasuke's head, "that won't happen." he mumbled, "i enjoy rock lee's company, but not to the point i would leave you three -especially you-" he mumbled those two words, "behind." he finished his statement.

sasuke scoffed, rolling his eyes. he would never tell lightning he enjoyed his touch, so soft and tender. lightning stopped, which made sasuke frown. he looked at the male, seeing the bi-colored haired male staring at someone.

when he looked to where he was staring, a bit of jealousy was stirring up. he was staring at the white haired male -kabuto- from earlier. when he looked back at lightning, he saw the male glaring. when he looked back at kabuto, the male was smirking.

"you know him?" sasuke asked. "we just meet him. i learned about gaara of the sand, rock lee of the leaf and you."

"somewhat." lightning looked away from him to sasuke, "what did you learn about me?"