chp: 52

lightning held sasuke's hand as he slept peacefully in the hospital bed. tsunade checked lightning's vitals, surprised he was easily healed and ready to move like naruto. not that he would, lightning doesn't like using a lot of energy.

his thumb stroked over sasuke's pale hand, his eye trained on sasuke's peaceful looking face, knowing it was anything but peaceful inside his mind. his poor sasuke uchiha, it seemed the both of them have been through so much.

lightning's body littered with goosebumps and his body tensed. he didn't like this feeling, it was weird and weary in lightning's developing brain. something definitely wasn't right inside his mind and outside the hospital.

he looked out the window and blinked while simultaneously flinching. he slowly stood up, unlatching sasuke's hand in a gentle manner before kissing the top of his head.

"i'll be right back, i hope." lightning mumbled before leaving the hospital room.

he closed the door and came face to face with sakura and naruto. he gave a weary smile and the two parted for him to leave. they watched him turn the corner, the look in his eye told them he needed to go, so they didn't say anything.

they'll ask later.

lightning left the hospital, glancing back at the window to see naruto and sakura looking at him. he gave a wave before turned and walked away, flipping his eye to see the chakra points of who he saw. once he was out of view, that's when he began to run until he couldn't anymore.

he climbed up a tree in the training grounds, staring at his sister who wouldn't look him in the eye. her gaze was casted down and she fidgeted a bit. a small memory resurfacing when lightning was just a child for once, but he shoved it down. he wanted no good memories of the ones who experimented on him.

he'll be damned if he lets that happen.

"what are you doing here?" lightning questioned quietly, gaining composure on his thoughts before glaring at her.

she finally looked up at him. her expression softened and lightning flinched, he hadn't expected that.

"i know we said we'd leave you be after the chunin exams-"

"clearly." lightning cut her off. i was poisoned because i was separated. sasuke was injuried because i was still weak. my teammates were worried, i didn't like their looks. all because you two showed up and messed everything up.

"i know." alia said, as if she was reading his mind. "come on, i want you to show something. i know," she started when seeing lightning's skepticism. "i'm not very trustworthy, but father doesn't know i'm here. just... just trust me for a moment."

"i'm not allowed to leave the village without permission." lightning made an excuse, despite his curiosity.

"since when has that every stopped you from leaving?" alia almost sneered, resenting lightning a bit from being able to leave.

lightning was quiet, he looked back at the direction of the hospital. he then looked back at alia, "fair enough," he nodded. "lead the way."

alia was surprised at this, but she gave a grateful smile and led the way. lightning followed right behind her. his fingers skimming his hook blades just in case.

lightning hoped this wouldn't take long.

they ran for awhile, lightning assumed it was hours, he gulped. surely by now someone knew he wasn't in the village, oh, he was in for an earful when he got back, that he knew.

when alia finally stopped, it was in front of their rundown and destroyed village. their clan nowhere in sight as there were many broken homes, destroyed trees, it looked abandoned and like no life had been there for years.