chp: 17

lighting was alone for another day. greatly missing his team, more specifically, a certain quiet male who's been taking up his mind for god knows how long.

at first he was just admiring sasuke's cool headed and strength through training. but the more time he spent with sasuke outside, the more he felt his heart go pitter-patter.

lightning didn't know what that feeling was, so he shrugged it off and continued to be oblivious.

i really want to hug my team. never thought i would admit that, though.

lightning kicked a few rocks as he walked to the far edge of the leaf village. it was an open field of just grass and trees, on the side of the valley was a giant waterfall.

(a/n: the training ground naruto used in naruto shippuden as he was trying to cut the waterfall)

lightning decided to do some training, even though he didn't really need it. he just felt bored, and he wanted to fill his time.

he focused the chakra to his feet, stepping on the lake and trying hard to shove back a memory of his mother and brother. but as usual, things don't go to plan.

his lips began to hum a song, thinking of the good times.

flashback:

a six year old lightning held his younger brother's hand. swinging their linked fingers back and forth as his younger brother looked up, smiling at lightning.

they jumped in a river, splashing around and getting each other wet. lightning kept his firm grip on his brother's hand.

"boys! come on, let's get you dried and to bed!" they heard their mother yell to them.

"but we're not tired!" lightning said.

his mother crossed her arms, "oh yeah?" she raised a brow, but a smile overcame her face. "— seems very tired."

it seemed lightning can't remember his brothers name, but then again, he can't really remember what they look like.

"no he's not." lightning pouted, clutching onto the two year old's hand a bit tighter.

his brother giggled, leaning on his shoulder.

"how about a song before bed?"

lightning looked at him, "— what do you say?" he quickly nodded his head, so lightning picked him up and they walked in their house.

his mother dried them off, dressed them and set them in bed. his little brother curled up in his side.

"the wind rustles the trees,
the leaves falling in the cool air~
let the rain drop,
let the water hit.
wind keeps blowing,
leaves keep floating,
tears keep flowing,
lightning keeps striking."

"close your eyes,
feel the breeze,
jump into the puddles,
feel the droplets.
close your eyes,
feel the droplets.
close your eyes,
breath in the lightning."

"don't let the rain go,
don't let it disappear.
but most importantly,
don't let the rain absorb you,
don't let the lightning hit."

"the wind rustles the trees,
the rain drops,
the rain absorbs.
but most importantly,
don't let the lightning strike."

she finished her song, before tickling lighting, "or it'll getcha!" she kissed his cheek as he giggled. then she kissed his younger brother's cheek.