chp: 19

naruto ate ramen, shaking a milk cartoon. even with the sloshing, he found it safe to drink and drank it. he ran out of his apartment, knocking on lightning's door after he stretched and hyped himself up for the day. the bi-colored haired male rubbed his eye a bit, glancing at naruto.

the blond brightly grinned, his smile contagious as lightning smiled himself. lightning told him to wait a few minutes, and then after they both raced down their apartment steps.

failing to notice the uchiha coming towards lightning's apartment. sasuke glared at their direction, wanting to be the one to walk lighting to their next mission meeting spot.

sasuke was surprised to see just sakura. he had just seen naruto and lightning run out their living corridors, so, where were they racing to?

the two finally arrived, naruto immediately going to sakura. lightning blinked and walked towards sasuke, standing next to each other.

sasuke and naruto looked at each other, glaring before looking away. lightning looked between the two, raising a brow at the uchiha. when sasuke made eye contact with lightning, his heart leaped out of his chest. a faint blush coating his face before he quickly looked away.

"rude." lightning mumbled, crossing his arms and pouting.

sasuke just shifted closer to lightning, their shoulders touching. that caused lightning to stop pouting, but he still didn't glance at sasuke. not wanting to give him the satisfaction of his mini tantrum to go to waste.

sasuke saw these efforts, softening his gaze and posture. he continued to shift more till the back of their hands were touching. but they left it at that.

sakura and naruto nudged each other, wiggling their eyebrows and fist bumping. sure, sakura was a bit hurt that sasuke didn't recuperate her feelings.

but she was more than happy for the two.

and sakura and naruto were more than happy to get them together or tease them. sakura went on sasuke's side, naruto on lightning's side.

they shoved the two, causing them to stumble in each other's hold. their chest touching as they both blushed. quickly pulling away before anything else could happen. they both shot a glare towards the two whistling and looking away.

and finally, after what felt like years, kakashi showed up.

"hey guys, good morning. sorry i'm late, afraid i got lost on the path of life."

naruto and sakura didn't believe him for a second. but lightning studied kakashi, his black eye seemed a bit duller than usual. his tone of voice held a great deal of sadness and secrets, possibly regrets. but it was concealed through a smile.

"i'm ready for the next ninja mission sensei! and hey, come on, no more of this dumb beginner stuff okay?" naruto exclaimed. "i want a chance to prove myself! i'm talking a real mission. where i can show what i'm made of! i gotta break out and burn up, see!"

"well stop doing that when you stop being dumb." lighting said.

"shut it, lightning!" naruto said a bit flustered, but the two laughed.

their bond grows every day.

"i get it, that's great, naruto. now, take it easy, would you?" kakashi sighed.

sasuke slightly snickered, just thinking of the whole conversation. this caused lightning to snicker as well and naruto whipped his head back to glare at the two. lightning threw his hands up defensively. naruto faced the two, hands up ready for a fight.

sasuke just blinked at him. not indulging in his child antics.

"quite the rival." lightning said.

"shut up, don't remind me."