chp: 20

lightning hummed, a bounce in his step as he continued to walk by people. he knew how the village felt about naruto, he heard them talking about him and/or giving disgusted looks towards naruto.

when lightning first found out, he so badly wanted to use the eye his so-called family gave him, but naruto made him promise he wouldn't do anything.

lightning agreed, for the most part.

he wasn't going to hurt them, he would slowly destroy them from the inside out. he would slowly take their things until there was nothing left to take. he was going to do it just like he was taught at a young age.

he may be royalty in his clan, but that didn't mean his clan and his family were good people.

he bumped into a women, bowing and apologizing as he helped her up. she thanked him, smiling but it faltered when she saw the two tone haired male.

"ah, you hang around that disgusting evil boy." she grimaced.

lightning smiled, "he's cleaner than you." she snatched her hand away and glared at him. "oh, did i overstep?" he drew closer, his headband slipping slightly, the hidden eye slightly shined behind his hair, but you still couldn't see anything else. "naruto is going to be a hero, he's going to be hokage. the soul reason why you're still here is because he told me not to do anything. otherwise, you'd be dead." he pulled back and gave a bright smile. "have a good day, lady!" he fixed his headband back over his eye.

once far enough he reached in his pocket, pulling out the necklace and matching bracelet she wore. he passed by a few more people, brushing his shoulder against them, apologizing when they got angry. once far enough, he pulled out someone's watch, someone's wallet, he even stole some rice balls and quickly ate them as he was starving. that subsided his hunger a bit.

lightning saw two guys sitting on barstools at an open bar, drinking sake. their heads slightly turned as their cheeks were flushed and they were laughing loudly. lightning noticed their wallets peeking out from their back pockets, he smirked a bit.

once they faced away, he made his move. he looked around and no one was in sight, the only person there was the bartender and he paid lightning no mind.

lightning reached for the wallets, pulling them out. but as soon as they moved an inch, the drunk men stood up, feeling him take their wallets. they snapped their gazes towards lightning, the one eyed male had a blank face. he just saluted and ran off.

"hey kid!" they shouted after him, then began to chase them. "gives us back our wallets!"

well now they're just drawing attention. it's not like i did a bad thing.

lightning chuckled to himself, opening up the first persons wallet. they had a lot of money combined, lightning licked his lips, this will be enough to cover naruto's rent! he smiled.

all while this was happening:

sasuke ended up stumbling across sakura and naruto in the exact same place lightning and him left them. he cocked a brow, concealing his presence and climbing up the tree, not after he grabbed a few rocks.

sasuke watched and listened from afar. seeing sand ninja lifting up the third's grandson. this was rather boring to him, but he was also intrigued. he wondered where lightning was right now, he couldn't wait for lightning to come to his apartment so they could hang.

"so, does this hurt punk?" the painted guy squeezed more around konohamaru's neck.

the female with the four pigtails sighed, rolling her eyes. "put him down kankuro, you know you'll pay for it later."