chp: 42

lightning took out his hook blades, he knew if he didn't have the intent to kill them, then they would stay in his way. he shrugged his shoulders a bit, getting ready to fight.

he would have to go back to his roots, even though he stated they meant nothing to him, it was time for him to go back to his roots.

he swirled his hook blades around his body, his wrist slightly popping from the grasp he had onto the handles. his mind still going to alia's words and tips. it was odd that she was actually helping him in different ways.

yet, he still wants to know if his father remembered his name. (he doesn't, atmatio only gave him his middle name 'lightning').

he knew his father and sister were watching, he felt their chakra and presence near. he sighed out, using the cool blade to rub under his eye a bit, he was tired and he just wanted to see sasuke.

his sasuke.

"c'mon lightning, you don't want to fight us." kabuto said. "only way to beat us is to use your hidden eye."

lightning tilted his head, the eye beneath his headband going haywire. he could feel his eye practically screaming if he didn't fight, he was in danger. telling him to use his eye, but he refused.

his eye was like a second voice with the need to fight or flight. and it was saying fight in this moment, but then again, lightning's never really ran from a fight that was his.

"on the contrary, i haven't had a good fight in awhile." lightning said, "everyone you've sent my way was weak and boring."

kabuto raised his eyebrow, pushing his glasses up a bit. a smirk curling on his face ever so slightly.

"so you knew your opponents were from lord orochimaru."

where have i heard that name before?

lightning couldn't pin point that name. all it did strike in him was a headache and a feeling of pure hatred, but he didn't know why.

"did you think i was stupid?" lightning asked, feeling offended.

he was naive and oblivious to most things, but he wasn't stupid.

kabuto didn't get the chance to speak before he had to duck from lightning's hook blade being thrown at him. a trail of smoke holding onto the blade as lightning appeared behind them.

the two other guys next to kabuto lifted up their kunai's and stopped his attack. the metals clinked, but it didn't take long before lightning jumped and did a spilt kick to kabuto's lackey's.

the two stumbled back and fell backwards, but lightning's violet and black eye was on kabuto. kabuto didn't see the movement where lightning's mainly black eye with violet swirls switched to it being more violet than black, but here it was.

kabuto shivered.

he didn't know much of lightning's eyes, just that there was so much to learn from them with little information. there was no way his card could get anything on lightning and his eyes or clan, not even his lord orochimaru knew things about their clan.

the aylyn clan covered their tracks and made sure no one knew anything about them. kabuto pushed his glasses up a bit and smirked, dodging a punch to his face.

yet, it was like he still felt the punch, he could smell smoke enter his nose and he dropped to his knees. holding his throat and coughing a bit, but it seemed the smoke stayed in his nostrils.

"you know," lightning walked closer to kabuto and squatted in front of kabuto. "the good thing about turning yourself into smoke is that you can enter anyone near with the smoke. my smoke is an extra pair of eyes, i can see and feel everything happening in your body. i can navigate my smoke to your heart, you wouldn't be able to survive that."