chp: 45

not proof read, please correct if you see spelling mistakes

"visiting him again?" sakura asked as lightning left his apartment.

lightning nodded, sakura smiled and put her arm out. lightning linked his arm with hers. with naruto gone with the so-called pervy sage and having sasuke and kakashi in the hospital... the two really only had each other for right now.

lightning has sat on top of a building with shikamaru as they both cloud watched. but they didn't speak, so lightning didn't express his worry or fears. shikamaru knew, but he also knew lightning wouldn't know how to talk about it with anyone other than sasuke, so the two just spent quality time together.

lightning was thankful for that.

lightning and sakura made it to the familiar room, unlinking their arms and looking at the bedridden male. lightning sat closest to sasuke's face, biting his lower lip before gently holding his hand. sakura gave him a side hug, squeezing his shoulders as she was also worried.

"he'll be fine." sakura said, seeming more nervous than lightning.

"i know." he softly spoke, "he's just so stupid."

lightning didn't care for him wanting to get stronger, nor did he care that sasuke wanted revenge on... he supposed itachi? he's in here because of him. anyways, lightning didn't care for that, he cared for sasuke. he wanted sasuke okay and smiling at him like usual.

after so long, sakura and lightning left the uchiha. after lightning smoothed down sasuke's hair a bit, pushing it away from his peaceful looking face. lightning had kissed his forehead, usually sasuke was the one to do that, lightning deemed it was time for him to do that too.

they visited kakashi as well, sakura left to go visit rock lee, and lightning stayed. he sat on the chair, legs up to his chest as he hugged himself.

"one eyed twin." he mumbled, smiling a bit.

he knew whenever naruto got back, he'd have an answer. he always had an answer and he always made lightning feel better. for some odd reason, naruto reminded him of the brother he couldn't remember.

he looked out the window, smiling ever so slightly. i'll remember your name, if it's the last thing i do.

he got up, stretching its legs, saluting the sensei who couldn't see him. he then left to visit rock lee for a bit, the male smiled.

"you just missed sakura!" rock lee said, saluting him.

lightning saluted him back, "i'll catch her later. how are you?" he handed rock lee the water the male was reaching for.

"thanks." rock lee said, taking a sip. "i'm good. i've been working out, trying to get better."

lightning flicked his forehead. "don't strain yourself. you're still recovering." it was nice that he was finally getting a response, he hated one sided conversations.

rock lee brightened, "you think i'll be a ninja again?!" he smiled widely, hope shining in his features.

lightning nodded, "i do. you're the strongest person i know." they hugged.

they spoke for a bit more, then lightning left to go home. he still needed to eat and train himself.

days had gone by, lightning was walking to the hospital once more, like usual. he wanted to make sure sasuke was still resting even in his comatose state.

his eye spotted sakura near a bridge. looking over in the small canopy of water, the gentle breeze pushing her hair and dress. the closer he got, the more he noticed someone with her.