chp: 47

lightning decided he'd try pick-pocketing again. sasuke was taking it easy due to just getting out of the hospital, but that didn't mean lightning had to be there constantly.

sasuke could handle himself and he was no longer worried. besides, lightning was hungry again and he didn't feel like cooking.

he wanted that baked potato again from the other day, it was so good. he found the same drunken guys from before, this time they were slumped on a bar and sleeping. he furrowed his eyebrow that was showing how confused he was. were they always there? he felt bad for their families if they had any.

he snuck up behind them, hands out and he licked his lips. his fingers wiggled and he was so close, but was stopped when someone grabbed his wrist and dragged him away.

lightning looked to see sasuke walking further away from them.

"sasuke!" lightning hissed, "what are you doing?!"

"me?" sasuke glanced back, rolling his eyes.

lightning pouted and sasuke couldn't help but smile at the endearing sight. he continued to keep their hands latched as they walked back to lightning's place.

"i was looking forward to that baked potato." lightning sighed.

"i bet." sasuke grumbled.

they went back to lightning's apartment. when they entered, lightning's mouth parted in shock. there was sushi on the table, looked homemade and cooked.

"thought you needed a break and someone to cook for you." sasuke said.

lightning looked at sasuke with a shine in his eyes, "you're amazing."

"i know."

lightning rolled his eyes at sasuke. they walked to his table, eating in silence. they didn't need to have a conversation, they just needed each other's presence. afterwards, they went to lightning's couch.

lightning was cuddled up to sasuke's side, they were sipping tea as sasuke's arm was around lightning. he was reading over lightning's shoulder as he wrote about his past few days. sasuke found it endearing that he wrote in a journal.

"can i read some of your entries?" sasuke asked.

"some day." lightning responded, when they got all their secrets out.

lightning finished what he was writing, signing out like usual. he closed his journal and looked out the window, seeing it dark outside.

"you should probably go home." lightning said, tilting his head up at sasuke.

sasuke was already looking at lightning. furrowing his eyebrows and putting the cup down on lightning's table.

"trying to get rid of me?" sasuke asked.

lightning forced a laugh, "no..." he trialed off, looking away.

kinda, i can't let you know i don't sleep. i have things i want to do. he doesn't need to worry about it or try and fix it, i've already tried.

sasuke cocked an eyebrow, hearing the slight hesitation.

"it's late." lightning said.

sasuke looked back out the window, crossing his arms over his chest. "hn." was his response, nothing else.

"sasuke." lightning said, rolling his eyes.

sasuke wouldn't look at him. childish. lightning thought. lightning got up out of his side and stood in front of him, sasuke glanced away again. lightning cracked a small smile as he squatted in front of sasuke. a nice pout formed on his features, it was adorable. lightning giggled.