chp: 36

not proof read, let me know if you see mistakes.

lightning trained daily and nightly. his sister and father worked him to the bone, each giving him one hour for a break to eat/sleep or do whatever he wanted in the break. but lightning never slept.

atmatio and alia had to leave for a few days, they gave lightning no information. but the bi-colored haired male didn't say anything, he didn't care for what they did. there was too much going on and lighting wanted no part into whatever they were doing. (even though he was basically training under them).

lightning used his hook blades on the tree in front of him, his lips frowning. he turned and spun the hook blade around him and hit the tree, his wrist turned slightly. he used the moves alia showed him, sweat trailed down the side of his face as the tree moved from each attack.

he thought back to sasuke, he was upset that when he was finally able to get a chance to see him, the uchiha was gone. he stopped hitting the tree, a few leaves falling around him. he rested his head on the trunk, frowning a bit and relaxing his shoulders. he didn't have the will to put his hook blades up.

he turned his head slightly, looking at the clear blue sky. his eye looked tired, but he was a bit worried for sasuke and couldn't focus on his alone training.

"sasuke," he whispered out, "where did Kakashi take you?" he muttered out a question.

he knew it was Kakashi who took sasuke, the white haired sensei had a soft spot for the uchiha, and he also promised lightning he will tell him if anything changes in his condition.

what a liar.

"my sasuke, help me find you." he sighed out, turning his head and looking at the ground before sitting on it.

it was silent for a second, the wind bristled into his hair. he rolled his eyes, he didn't know why he thought the wind would answer him.

"i know." a monotone voice said.

even though lightning was sitting, he some how managed to jump out of his skin. he went up in the air a few feet, grunting when he landed on his head. he was able to see gaara sitting on a branch and looking down at him, the red haired male had a small coy smirk on his face from the action lightning did.

"you can't just sneak up on people, gaara!" lightning scolded with a glare, completely ignoring how he does the same.

gaara jumped down and sat next to lightning, "it was a bit funny." he stated.

gaara only shrugged at lightning's dumbfounded expression. the leaf ninja punched the sand ninja's arm. they stared at each other, lightning couldn't help but let out a laugh. it was a but funny, but he was not about to admit that, but gaara knew. they fell into a comfortable silence, then lightning's eye widened and he snapped his head at gaara. the red haired male grimace at the slight pop that was heard from lightning's neck.

"wait, how long have you been there?"

"not too long, but long enough." gaara said.

lightning looked at him like he was an idiot, "gee that helps." he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

gaara returned the gesturing by flicking lightning's head, he was a bit surprised he did that. he found it weird how easily lightning made him feel normal and that flicking someone's forehead was what friends did.

"want to train together?" lightning asked, his lips pursed out and his eye showing how eager he was in hopes gaara would say yes.

gaara had a questioning gaze on him, "i'll kill you."