Chapter 14

Yeji

I had one of those strange nights where you go to bed sad and tired and end up having a wet dream, a cursed, but incredible one, with the one and only... Ryujin. It wasn't the first time, but every time it felt so real, waking up my crotch always wet, It was really awkward.

What was that woman doing with my head?

I woke up that morning feeling like my head was going to explode, like I had a fucking hangover. I sat up in bed with my eyes still closed for a few seconds, until I opened them and went to the bathroom. I had slept in the same bed with Lia even though there were two rooms, but she decided it was better to sleep next to me so I wouldn't feel lonely, that's my best friend.

After leaving the bathroom, I didn't see Lia in bed, I don't remember if when I got up, she was still asleep or the bed was empty.

I immediately went to my suitcase and looked for some comfortable clothes, I smelled coffee and pancakes that made me smile, just like mom did. My eyes filled with tears as I remembered those days where she loved me, but I didn't let a tear fall, I wasn't going to cry anymore, I needed to concentrate now on college and I had to make some calls as well.

I walked out of the room and saw Lia already dressed, serving breakfast.

"Oh, I was just going to wake you up, I thought you weren't going to college?"

I sat in the chair and smiled "of course I have to, I've missed a lot of time, I need to catch up"

We had breakfast talking about some college stuff, I asked Lia that she should help me with something and after college we should go look for an apartment.

"Yeji, you know you can stay with me, right?" We were both riding in the car, while she was driving I was just looking at morning's scenery in Korea.

"I know, but I really want to look for something to myself, anyway if you want to come live with me-"

Lia stopped the car suddenly and I looked at her with a frown.

"Really??!" Her little eyes looked like a puppy's. I thought it was cute and pinched her cheek a little.

"Yes, Lia" she hugged me and after a few minutes we went back on our way to the university.

-

I realized I was a little late, I had essays and papers due, which was really going to stress me out all week, but I had to do it, I wanted to push myself and be a great artist. And all this will help me to get Ryujin out of my thoughts, I need to concentrate.

At lunch time I went to the cafeteria and ran into Lia, she really was my only friend here and everywhere else.

"Yeji, have you thought about where you want to look for the apartment?" Lia asked me while we were eating.

"I don't know, I want to look for a comfortable place with a beautiful view of the city" I remembered that time when I was in Ryujin's amazing penthouse, but no way I would live near her.

"Ok, we'll go and-"

"First I have to go somewhere" she nodded and we went back to class until it was time to go.

-

The streets where Lia led the way were almost completely alone, not many cars or people in the area.

"Yeji you think Yu-" Lia suddenly slammed on the brakes as a car ran into our path "what the fuck is wrong with you, asshole?!" Lia yelled rolling down the window and I had my hand on my heart. what the fuck just happened.