Chapter 36

Yeji

That's right, I'm back...

And I wasn't even sure why...

Of course you know Yeji, deep inside, even if you want to deny it...

My life was on a good path, in the U.S. I have a great life, I changed completely, even my name...

I managed to enter a university there, with the help of Hyujin who helped me at first with the change, it was something very different being in Korea than there. Customs and language, everything was difficult for me at the first, but thanks to him, I had the support I needed.

I created the company, two years ago, I studied administration, forgetting my career in Korea and my dream of being a great artist.

Was necessary? Was it really necessary for you to abandon everything of yourself?

I don't really know but all I needed was to change my life completely. To forget everything. Even to her.

You sure?

At first it was something small that quickly became something huge, with the help of investors, I was able to get my company to be named in the USA.

And two years ago I also found out that you got married... just like you planned. After all, it wasn't a lie.

I left the office of the woman I had loved. And that, apparently, still owns my heart because a tear came out of my eye. A tear that I quickly dried when I got into my car.

My heart raced uncontrollably at the sight of her... And when she called my name? God, I could almost feel my legs shaking at her voice, just her voice.

You once promised yourself not to cry anymore and you won't... No more tears, Yeji... Lucy.

I drove to my old house... Where my mom lived, where I grew up and was once happy. It was abandoned, I decided to restore it, I wanted to have a place to go when I came on a trip. That's right, the contract is only for one year and after that, I will leave here again.

A year ago my mother had died, we found out from an aunt that she was suffering from cancer and my brother and I immediately flew to Korea, of course, incognito. Nobody was supposed to know I was here. And her memory still weighed on my memory, that last day I saw her... But at least, I'm calm knowing that she always loved me.

I got out of the car and went into the house, where there were already some people inside fixing everything, organizing some things that I bought.

I'm sure Hyujin will be happy when he arrives. It will come to Korea soon.

My brother built his career as a great footballer and now he plays in one of the best football teams in Europe. Once I was envious that everything in his life was as he had planned it, but I'm very happy for him. In addition, he continues in his relationship with Karina. That girl I met four years ago, she followed him to America and we became very close too.

"Bitch, where are you? I'm already here in Korea"

"Come to my old house" I hung up the call and smiled.

Will you ever change, Lia?

After a few minutes, I went upstairs and into my old room. I still had my old bed, with my pink sheets, some posters of my favorite groups and decorations of my old self.

My eyes got teary when I realized that my mom never moved or threw anything, she always kept our rooms intact. As if hoping one day we would be that family again.

I sat on the bed and after a few seconds I lay on my back looking at the ceiling, how everything has changed... This is... My life is...

I closed my eyes and remembered her dark eyes full of some strange expression that I couldn't decipher, completely empty. If only you hadn't cheated on me, Ryujin... By now, we would be married ... You and me, together with...