Chapter 50

🔞🔞🔞

Yeji

Everything had gone well, as expected.

Christian recovered quickly and immediately asked for the transplant to take place, he didn't want it and they couldn't wait any longer.

He had to save his son to be able to meet him and spend time with him.

The operation was successful, thanks to the help of the excellent doctors who became attached to Miki, the Wonder Child, they called him. And indeed it was.

After a month and a half, we managed to get him out of the clinic, fully recovered. In all that time Ryujin did not leave the clinic and I took turns to spend days with Ryeji, who sometimes asked me to visit Miki and her "daddy".

Yuna and Lia postponed their wedding for a while longer after everything that had happened, they just wanted to see their nephew's speedy recovery.

As for Eunbi; Ryujin, Christian and I went to give the statements , her lawyer and her mother pleaded insanity, with advice from her therapist and the judge sentenced her to years in an insane asylum, for attempted premeditated murder and also for what happened to her son.

In all the moments of the trial I never saw a hint of remorse in her eyes or at least show that she was remorseful.

She never even asked about Miki once.

That woman seemed to be the devil herself.

Ryujin's mother went on a trip, after a few weeks and although she still couldn't forget anything her mother did, little by little she forgave her, at least she did show remorse, even if it was at the end and also made things right before leaving with Yuna, whom she also asked for forgiveness for her pride and arrogance.

After all the big up and down, we both decided to take time off from the company, leaving Christian and Daniel in charge on my side and Chaeryeong, who had been with us after everything that had happened, visiting Miki every day at the clinic.

"Miki... Give the doll to Ryeji..." Ryujin said to Miki who was now fully recovered and much more mischievous than before.

We both went inside the house, after being in the courthouse for a few hours.

"But mommy-"

Ryeji ran to Ryujin and she took her in her arms and kissed her on the cheek. I went to Miki and took him in my arms.

"Mommy, he won't give me my doll."

"Do what mommy says, Miki" I whispered and he smiled at me.

The four of us sat on the couch and Ningning went to the kitchen.

We had come from the courthouse and Ryujin was finally free, she had consummated the divorce with Eunbi.

Ryujin started to play with Yiyi and Miki. This was what I had wanted to see for so long.

My phone rang and I took it in my hands seeing Lia's number on it.

"Hi Lia."

"Helloooo... Prepared and ready now yes, for Shin Yuna and Shin Lia's big wedding?"

I smiled

"You're still not married yet, remember, your last name is still Choi."

"Shhhh shut up... I'll take it, just like you when you marry Ryujin"

I looked at Ryujin and smiled completely blushing, she smiled back at me while Ryeji played with her hands.

"I don't think I'll take that last name, I like my name better as it is, Hwang Yeji."