Chapter 35

Ryujin

But what...

Chaeryeong cleared her throat and lightly touched my arm with her elbow, bringing me back from the trance I was surely in seeing her there....

Standing in front of me, that same beautiful face that I already seemed to have forgotten.

No, I never forgot her...

Every part of her face, now more mature and a bit colder. Her eyes with a dark make-up, her face a little more defined, in her lips a red velvet tone and her hair was much longer.

I could see a smile on her face, but it didn't look genuine, it looked fake. Are you Yeji?

Chaeryeong walked up to her and shook her hand, pretending not to know her, so I decided to come around and act the same way she was acting. I shook her hand and she bowed her head a little. God! As soon as I touched her hand I felt a current go through my whole body and I swallowed hard.

I turned away from her heading to my chair at the top and next to me, Chaer who is my right hand here.

"Ok, we are here today, because I want to introduce you to the new company that will lead the textile world with us. They have come all the way from the United States, to join us in our struggle to break through internationally. HRI CORP."

The men in the room, clapped and murmured, but me and her? Our gazes were connected.

I felt that same tingle all over my body when I saw her, even though this is not the same Yeji I knew.... I am sure she is not. Her dark eyes showed me someone else.

That's enough, Ryujin. You must hate her for what she did to you. She's a liar, she's a...

Stop thinking about her and concentrate. The voice of reason was saying, but my heart was beating fast.

"Ryu..." Chaer whispered in my ear and touched my arm.

"Well, thank you very much for the reception, Miss Shin..." Yeji said with a smile, I could almost swear....Malevolent "I need to meet with you to discuss some internal things about our alliance."

What? No...

Yes, we needed to... But not for personal reasons, not for that.... Not for...

I nodded and she got up from her chair, started talking about her company and the quality of her fabrics. But I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Her body, she looked so much slimmer and toned than before and those clothes on her? A black pencil skirt, a little above her knees. With a short jacket buttoned up to the middle of her breasts... And these could be seen a little above her blouse. They had definitely grown...

But what the fuck am I thinking. Why am I looking at her like this. I have a family and Yeji is part of my past.

I need to override all this shit.

What did you come back to, Hwang Yeji? Or Lucy? Whatever you call yourself now.

After missing about half of what they were talking about, I came to and rejoined the meeting.

"Well, I hope we can get along and make our businesses prosper" she said raising a glass of wine.

There was one in front of me and I hadn't even realized they had poured the wine.

"Cheers" she said staring into my eyes with a smile.

I raised the glass, no expression on my face, nodding. We drank of the wine and after each bastard approached her to shake her hand. I approached her slowly. Her back was turned I could see her slender figure.