Chapter 45

Ryujin

"Hey, don't forget the bachelorette party at the bar at 9" Yuna told me before getting out of the car.

After leaving the boutique, I was planning to take Yuna home, but she insisted that she should go, I think more because of the issue that she wasn't sure if we would find mom at home, since, lately she's always there.

"I really should go?" I asked in a teasing tone and she turned back to the window.

"If you don't go, I'll hate you.... Besides you need a good couple of drinks, you're always immersed in the company and your work, come on.... It will be fun" I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

"Okay, I'll go" Yuna smiled.

I started the car and left on my way home, I decided not to go back to the company, it was already 5pm anyway, so whatever, it can wait until tomorrow.

When I got home I realized that mom was indeed still there. I walked into the living room and walked straight to where Miki was, playing with some of him toys.

"Hi my little boy, how are you?" I carried him in my arms and he hugged me.

"I'm tired, mommy."

Eunbi came out of the kitchen with a glass of juice and gave me a kiss on the mouth. My mom got up from the couch.

"Here baby, this is for you" Miki took the glass in her little hands and I watched until he put it in his mouth.

"Miki has been playing a lot today" Eunbi told me.

"That's why you're tired, yes or no, little boy?" he smiled and continued drinking the juice.

"Ryujin, good thing you're here early," Mom said to me.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"Well no, but I wanted to invite you to-"

Eunbi took Miki in her arms and carried him towards her room.

"Sorry mom, I have an engagement today."

She looked at me angrily.

"What's more important than your mom, Ryujin?"

"Mom, let's not start.... Please, I already told you I can't. We'll come visit you next week."

"All right, Ryujin.... It's time for me to go home now."

She put her hand on my shoulder and gave a light squeeze. I smiled towards her and Eunbi went downstairs to say goodbye to her.

"See you soon, Mrs. Shin."

"Sure thing, Eunbi dear."

Mom left home and I was heading to the bedroom, but Eunbi stepped in the middle and put her hands on my neck.

"Hey, can we-"

"Let's go to Yuna's bachelorette party."

"What?"

I pulled away and started up the stairs with her behind me.

"We'll go to-"

"I heard you... But, we really should go? I thought we could spend the night at home, watching movies or doing other little things," she said approaching me before entering the room.

"We can do that another day, Eunbi, Yuna's bachelorette party won't happen again or so I hope, so if you don't want to go, I'll go alone."

"Of course I'll go."

I went into the room and quickly to the bathroom, she followed me inside and we bathed together, as almost never happened.

"What do you think I should wear, Ryu?" she asked me looking in the mirror as she put in front of her two dresses one black and one pink.