Chapter 46

Ryujin

I opened my eyes at the sound of the alarm and looked to my side, Eunbi was not in bed, it was only 6am and the bed wasn't even warm, which means she got up a while ago.

I got up to the bathroom and took a shower, like every day, to continue with my routine. Today I definitely needed to talk to Eunbi, she might already be downstairs.

When I left the room I looked towards Miki's room and went in slowly, so as not to wake him up.

When I approached to give him a kiss on the cheek, his body was warm, too warm.

"Miki, god you are in fever!" I quickly carried him in my arms and went downstairs almost with eagerness.

"Mrs. Park, where is Eunbi?" I asked the lady who helps us in the house and with Miki.

"Oh, she went out almost at dawn, she didn't say anything, I just saw her leave. It's something wrong?"

Fuck!

I ran out with Miki in my arms and he still didn't open his eyes, he was completely pale and my heart was pounding, I was so scared.

I tried to call Eunbi but her phone was off and I started the car on my way to the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital, after dodging the morning traffic to get there as quickly as possible and immediately called my mom, it was only 8am and Eunbi still didn't answer, I was getting nervous.

Miki was immediately rushed into the emergency room and I was outside waiting for what the doctor could say.

"Ryujin!" my mom came up to me worried "Where is Miki?"

"He's in the emergency room I'm waiting for them to come out to tell me what's wrong with him."

"And Eunbi?" she asked me looking all around.

"I don't know... She went out this morning before I woke up, I call her and she doesn't answer, I don't know where she is."

My mom took me by the shoulders and led me to some chairs where we both sat and waited.

"Ok Ryujin, try to calm down, maybe it's just a small fever, let's not be hasty"

I nooded.

After like 10 minutes a doctor came over to us.

"Shin Miki's relatives?" my mom and I stood up quickly.

"I'm his mom, doctor, what's wrong with my son" I asked her rather nervously.

"Your son has a condition known as Thalassemia" she looked at some papers "But the system tells me that Miki was here with Miss Shin Eunbi for a routine checkup and the doctor in charge informed his wife that they should start treatment to help him. What happened?"

"What?"

My head started spinning, since Eunbi hadn't told me anything....

What is going on?

"You didn't know anything?" The doctor asked me in confusion.

"No."

"This is really serious, Miki has some medications in his blood, medications that help to keep him active, but they are useless for his illness. It were worsening his condition "

"Medications?"

Then I remembered...

~"Those pills are for me, to sleep..."

God, it can't be that Eunbi...

"What does Miki need for his treatment?"

My mom asked as I was trying to piece together or figure out what was going on, could it be possible that Eunbi was giving those pills to Miki? For what purpose? If he needed another type of treatment.