Chapter 37

Hudson's POV

While Ashley and I had been making out, somebody disturbed us. I'm surprised at myself for not being frightened when I see Camille. But she could tell Meredith and Ashley doesn't want her to know.

"Ashley? Hudson? I didn't know you guys were a thing." She says, surprised, but I don't really believe she never noticed us being attracted to each other. Camille has a good sense of knowing people. She was the first one to tell me that Monika is a weirdo before anybody else noticed. So I guess she must have recognized our chemistry.

"Well, Meredith doesn't know that yet. Could you please not tell her?" Ashley asks politely as always. Camille nods.

"Of course. Just have fun." She smiles. A guy walks towards us.

"Babe, I got you an ice cream." He says to Camille and holds out a cup with ice cream.

"Hi Damon. Oh my gosh, you guys are a thing now?" Ashley says excitedly. Where does she know that guy from?

"Oh, Ashley. Well, we've been dating for a while, but we were afraid to tell you because of Trevor." This guy Damon says to Ashley.

"I can believe that." Ashley chuckles.

"This is my cousin Hudson. Meredith's brother." Camille points out to me.

"Nice to meet you, Hudson." He smiles. He looks nice but I guess Trevor would be really upset at Camille anyway.

"Nice to meet you two, Damon. And don't be afraid of Trevor, Camille. I have got your back since you're not going to tell Meredith about us." I promise her. She hugs us and thanks us and we do too.

After we say goodbye to each other, Ashley and I discover Piccadilly more and then in the evening we drive back home. We decide to have dinner together.

Ashley's POV

When we get home I go change and do some packing. I don't want Hudson to see me pack because he's getting sad then. He already bought me a flight ticket to Zurich even though I didn't want him to pay for it. He asked when I want to return but when I said that I don't know yet he might think that I wouldn't come back here anymore. By the time I've finished he knocks at my door.

"Hey, are you packing?" He opens the door and says. I feel so bad right now.

"Well, I'm done, so let's make dinner." I try to change the subject.

"Ashley, I know you're trying to distract me, but this doesn't bother me. I mean, I totally understand that you have to go." He says and grabs my hand.

"My trip back home won't change my feelings for you, you know that, don't you?" I make sure he knows how I feel.

"Yes, I know. That's not why I'm worried. But come on: let's make dinner." He says and I want to ask him what he's actually worried about, but I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. So I just ignore it for this moment.

While we make dinner, we're so silent. So it continues while we're eating and I don't know if he's angry or sad. I'm also afraid to ask him but I have to. I don't want our last night to be like this. I also have to admit that I'm not even sure if I'll really come back or not.

"What's wrong, Hudson?" I say sounding desperate. I am desperate.

"Nothing. I'm fine, trust me." He smiles and grabs my hand to comfort me. I smile back but don't believe him. I'd better leave it for tomorrow.

We do the washing up together but this time we talk and laugh. He tells me stuff about his childhood and it's ridiculously funny. He really enjoyed his childhood. I tell him things Meredith and I did in Zurich when we were younger. Like the time where we accidentally told a man the wrong toilet password in McDonald's and we recognized it way too late. We were making jokes that he is probably still waiting in front of the toilet almost peeing in his pants because of us. And I still feel bad about it but it was so funny all that time ago.

We talked that much that we lost track of the time and didn't recognize that it's almost 2 am. Hudson and I want to go to bed and as we're standing in front of our rooms, he stops me by holding my hand.

"Do you maybe, I don't know, Uhm... maybe want to sleep, uhm with me? I mean in my... room." He stutters nervously. I get nervous after he asks me that.

"Uhm... Ok..." I answer his question nervously.

We both walk silently into his room and lay on his bed. I guess we both felt uncomfortable but then he puts his arm around my waist. I feel a lot better than I expected so I put my head on his chest and hear his heart racing very fast. I hold my head up to face him. When I smile he kisses me. And I think I won't have a nightmare tonight.