Chapter 63

5 years later...

Hudson's POV

It's August the 3rd 2025. Usually, Ashley and I should go out to a nice restaurant and celebrate the 5th anniversary of our marriage. Instead, I'm drunk in my apartment in Washington, D.C. celebrating by myself.

I haven't seen my family since then. I haven't talked to my friends or even to Kerem. Monika is the only person that talks to me. She used to take care of me but for 1 year she found the love of her life and visits me just sometimes to see whether I'm ok. Monika apologized to me and said she would like to apologize to everyone. That guy she met is a really good influence on her. I'm happy for her. Despite what she did to me I'm happy that she finally found the real one.

Meredith called me last month. My parents tried to convince me to come back home. They failed. So Meredith tried and I admit she's very convincing. She's younger than me but yelled as if she were my mother. Meredith even paid for the flight so I'm going anyway. She's a real genius. My flight would be next month but I managed to change the date to next week. I missed them too much.

When it's finally time to go to the airport I get nervous. I've flown a lot but for 5 years I haven't seen my family. They are probably very angry at me and I have to hear their arguments again which they already had on during the phone calls. I can't even tell how broken I am.

Every day I think about her. About her smile. Her eyes. Her voice. Everything about her. It's like a storm in her eyes but peace in her smile. And her voice is a song in my head that never ends.

Ashley's POV

I'm just packed my stuff and got ready for the flight. Kerem had the idea to surprise Meredith and fly to London. I haven't been to London since I did the language exchange 5 years ago.

"Anne! You forgot to pack Hardin!" My little daughter yells at me from the living room. After some seconds she walks in hidden from the oversized teddy bear she's holding. It's almost as big as her. It was once my present from Samir when I was younger and I gave it to her. I called it Hardin after the series of books I read while I was in London at that time.

"We can't take him with us. He's too big, sweetie." I try to explain. I know she will listen to me but she has to be a little dramatic first.

"Will the pilot take him away from me and throw him out of the airplane?!" Her blue-green eyes get wide. I try to hold back a giggle and kneel down so I have direct eye contact with her.

"I don't know, but what I know is that Hardin can't come with us, honey. I'm really sorry." I say and open my arms to hug her but she crosses her arms and frowns madly at me. At this moment Kerem enters the room and she turns around and immediately hugs him.

"Kerem Abi! Anne won't let me take Hardin with us to Meredith Hala!" She tells him madly and he chuckles. She calls Kerem in Turkish brother but I told her to call Meredith her aunt from father sides in Turkish. Someday she will find out who her real father is so I have got her accustomed to calling her relatives how they should be called in Turkish.

"But you have me, princess. We can cuddle together while Hardin is here wishing you a nice time in England." Kerem says and she smiles. He really makes everyone happy without even trying. Meredith is such a lucky thing having a guy like him by her side. I wish Hudson would be here and convince his daughter like this instead. But I'm also afraid of that day he will find out about his daughter and even more, I'm afraid my daughter will find out who her real father is. I can't lose her. She's my everything.

Kerem told my little angel to go to the bathroom before we go and he walks towards me. He catches a tear on my cheek with his thumb before I even realized that I'd been crying.

"I know what you're thinking. But don't be afraid, if it ever comes out I'm here for you. Hudson won't take her away from us. We're her family. He left us and missed out being a part of it." He says and hugs me.

We're at the airport and I'm really nervous. I haven't seen Marie-Anne and Carl since the day their son left me at the altar. But Kerem comforts me all the time and I know I have Meredith's support.

Hudson's POV

I finally landed in London and feel so jet-lagged from the flight. I should eat dinner before I go and surprise them. Or they're going to argue with me until I die of hunger.

I walk around the airport to see what I can eat and realize that much has changed since I left. As I still search for something someone walks into me. A cute little girl with long blonde curls and blue-green eyes is standing in front of me. I kneel down so I can apologize with direct eye contact with her.

"Are you hurt? I'm really sorry." I ask her politely.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for running into you." She smiles and holds out a hand.

"Do you accept my apology?" She says right after. I shake her hand and chuckle.

"Yes, of course. What's your name, cutie pie?" I ask her and she let's go of my hand.

"I'm no cutie pie. I'm Deniz and you?" She says and I automatically like this little girl. Her name gives me the flashbacks when Ashley and I talked about naming our first child like her.

"You have a very nice name, Deniz. I'm Hudson." I say and stutter while saying her name. I feel something when I look at her. It's something really familiar.

"Nice to meet you, Hudson." She smiles and I just wanted to say something as I get caught.

"Deniz? Nerde sin?" A woman's voice yells in Turkish. This voice. It's the one I always have in my head. The little girl in front of me looks behind me with wide eyes and I turn around. When I see her my heart gets stuck. Ashley.