Chapter 43

Ashley's POV

Hudson was just about to kiss me as somebody slowly opened the door and we jump. I push him away from me and act normal when I see my mother entering the room.

"Asli? What are you doing here?" She mumbles angrily.

"I-I... Umm." I stutter. I don't know what to say – I'm a really bad liar.

"I told her to come! Because... I wanted water but didn't know your kitchen. I know how angry a mother gets when someone searches in their kitchen who doesn't know it. And I asked if Ashley... I mean Asli is awake to bring me some. I'm sorry for waking you up, Mrs. Yilmaz." Hudson apologizes politely. He's adorable when he's being kind to other people.

"Oh, ok then I'll bring you your water, son. Asli you go to your room, now!" My mother decides. I wave at Hudson and he waves back then I immediately run out of his room. At least I should be thankful that my mother accepts him... well, kind of.

Hudson's POV

"Thank you, Mrs. Yilmaz." I thank her while she hands me a glass of water.

"Please, call me Nermin." She smiles and I feel way better now.

"Aren't you angry at me?" I ask her nervously.

"I was, but when I said that you two should marry, I thought you're going to give up on Asli. Then I saw how serious you take this and now I believe that you may be the right guy for her." Her mom says.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that she really said it just to prove that I will leave Ashley. But actually, that doesn't surprise me. Any guy would have left their girlfriend if they just came together and had to marry already. And I have to admit that I'm not sure about this whole marriage thing. Even though I love Ashley, it doesn't mean I would marry her immediately. But I guess we just have to find out what happens.

"Does Carl and Marie-Anne even know about you two?" She asks me. Fuck, I really have forgotten about them. Oh God, they're going to flip out that I even came to Switzerland without telling them... and about that whole marriage thing.

"To be honest, I forgot to tell them. I came to Zurich while they weren't in town and Meredith also had a camp." I tell her.

"So you and Asli were alone?" She asks shook.

"Yes, for two days. And then her father had a heart attack." I tell her. I guess I know what she thinks but I try to ease her mind.

"She must be really upset about it." She sadly says.

"Yes, she even blamed herself all the time." I say and regret it.

"Oh, no. That's horrible!" She says. It looks like she's almost crying. Please not. I don't even know what to do when Ashley cries. And her mom? I'm going to be a fool in front of her.

"But don't worry. I stood by her and she's ok now. And tomorrow we're going to see him anyway right?" I try to change the subject.

"Yes, we will. And he would be very mad at her. But just hope he won't kill any of you two." She says and now I'm afraid. Kill? Hopefully, she doesn't mean it.

At the end of that weird conversation, she leaves me and I try to sleep but unfortunately, I can't really get enough. The question haunts me all the time if her father would like me or at least accept me. Or maybe he will be mad at us and marry Ashley with Kerem.

It's 6 a.m. when my daily alarm goes off and I realize I fell asleep earlier. I decide to call Meredith and finally tell her everything. As I called her and wanted to tell her she already starts talking about it. I knew Ashley will somehow tell her but I didn't know she would do it this fast.

"I actually, noticed you two flirting! But good news I'm coming to Zurich as fast as I can just to support you." She says. At least I have someone that supports me. I mean I have Samir but he will still be on his family's side if something goes wrong. I know my sister won't leave my side.

"Thank you. I could really use this support."

"You're welcome, big bro. But just one thing... don't tell Ashley I'm coming. It's a little surprise for her too." She says excitedly. Of course, she's her best friend. I forgot about that. Well, now I hope she won't leave my side.

When we finished talking I hang up and get ready for meeting Ashley's father. I'm really nervous about it. So as all are also ready they just take me in their car. Amar drives and I even get to sit next to him. It's so awkwardly silent while the drive but I enjoyed his driving. Ashley was right, Amar and I have things in common like our driving.

We enter the hallway of the Hospital and my hands already starting to shake. Ashley probably noticed that and holds my hand. She looks at me with a warm smile and I feel right better. But the time they open the room door of her father she let's go of my hand. I feel totally lost and cannot think straight.

The next thing I can remember is her father's angry look at me asking who I am.