Chapter 48

Hudson's POV

You've got to be kidding me. How in the fucking world do we not get caught even one time in London for almost four months but in Zurich in one week three times? Her family is really like she told me. Overprotective and overreacting to some situations. Actually, she said they're very strict but that was just another word for my explanation.

"Amar what are you doing here? Are you really spying on us?" Ashley says crossly. She has a fucking right to be angry at them. Having no privacy in her life is a punishment for doing nothing.

"I just heard you two when I walked by. And I didn't like what I heard..." He says angrily. I have to admit that I am a little afraid but I can't just sit here and say nothing. I have to defend my girl.

"How can you even be so mean to her? After she did everything you want and never said a word about how bad it was. After she listened to everything you say to her and never said anything back. After she's carried everything for you but never expected the same from you. How can you be so disrespectful when she gives you the last respect she's got?" I don't regret any word I say. And it feels good. Ashley holds my hand and I can feel she's proud.

Amar didn't expect me to talk like that. He wants to say something but then he decides against it and walks angrily out of my room. First, I'm afraid he'll get something to murder me with, like a gun. But after some minutes of silence waiting for him to return, he doesn't.

"Oh my God, Hudson!" Ashley almost yells and hugs me so tight I can barely breathe, but it still feels good.

"I love you." I say and reach to kiss her cheek but catch her neck.

"I love you." She replies and lets go of my arms.

The next morning I'm afraid Amar has told his whole family and now they all hate me. I just stay silent all the time hoping they don't notice me. Ashley's father is coming home again. In one hour he has to be at home and that's maybe the last hour of my life because if he is going to find out about how I talked to Amar, I'm going to be dead.

One hour of hanging nervously around the house goes by like ten minutes. Suddenly, I hear the doorbell and everyone is waiting for him at the door before he enters. Like he's the king or something. Come on, it's overreacting, as I said.

"Hello, father." Ashley and all the others greet him like that next to me. When it's my turn I don't know what to say and just smile and wave a hand at him. He looks annoyed. Actually, I never saw any other look on his face, so I guess this is normal.

Ashley and her mother help him to the living room and do some service like they really are his butlers. Amar and Samir are sitting next to their dad and just talk with him. When Samir signals to me that I should sit too I ignore it. I stand up and go help the women. I can't just watch them doing anything and the men having extra wishes. Her father may have just survived a heart attack but he can get a pillow or blanket on his own. I guess this is normal for them even he is totally fine and still the women have to do everything, but if they ever let me marry Ashley I'm going to respect and help her if she needs anything.

When I go to the kitchen, Nermin looks shaken that I enter there. As if kitchens are strictly forbidden for men to enter. Ashley tries to hide a smile when she sees the reaction of her mother.

"Oh son, what are you doing here?" Her mother asks me.

"I want to help out." I tell her and she gets even weaker.

"No, no, no! You have to go to the men and participate in their conversation." She tells me.

"But I can't let you just do the whole work..."

"Just go! We can fix anything." She interrupts me and waves her hands towards the kitchen door. I leave and feel bad but at least I tried.

When I sit with the men they first just talk about politics and hospitals. I'm not very interested in those things, so I just act like I'm listening and think about Ashley.

"Hudson, I want to talk to you for a moment." Osman interrupts my thoughts. Amar and Samir automatically leave the living room and we sit alone. I'm afraid it's about yesterday night but I accept what I get. I probably have to anyway.

"Samir told me you are a good person but Amar was against you at first. And I listen to my sons only if they both tell me they agree on something." He says and I hear my heart racing.

"On my way home today, he told me something about you that shocked me..." He says.

Fuck.