(Friend or Foe arc) Part 4

After exploring Brooklyn, meeting with some of Miles's friends, and even playing a bit of basketball with Y/n trying to show off as much as he can with his dunks. 

After a bit of time around the streets, Y/n and Miles grabbed some food before heading to a spot Y/n found in Manhattan where the two began to take part in their shared passion, Spray Painting.

Miles: "How's it going up there?"

Miles calls out as he adds the finishing touches to his side of the wall.

Y/n: "Just about done!"

Y/n calls out from above Miles, hanging by a random piece of pipe with one hand as the other reaches towards the wall as he begins to add his finishing touches on his side of the wall.

Y/n: "And...done! Alright, I'm coming down"

Pocketing his spray can, Y/n drops down before walking over to Miles as the two look at their piece in astonishment right beside some other murals.

Y/n: "I never really took you as a Spider-man fan"

Miles: "I mean, who isn't at this point?"

Miles goes to their stash and took out 2 burritos and hands one over to Y/n, who graciously accepts.

Y/n: "Jonah, probably"

Miles: *scoff* "Guess you're right on that one"

After unwrapping their burritos from their foil, the two bumped their burritos together before digging in. 

As they continue to eat in peace, people start coming over and taking pictures of the mural, all looking amazed at their work. 

Miles: "Looks like our work's starting to get a viewership"

Y/n: "Yeah, let's get out of here before more people come"

Finishing their burritos, Y/n and Miles grabbed their stuff before leaving. The two then settled on another rooftop, sitting on the edge as they watch the sunset. 

Miles: "Gotta admit, this is the most fun I had in a while. Thanks, Y/n"

Y/n: "Don't mention it. I'm just glad you accepted hanging out with me"

The two fist-bumped before relishing the sunset once more. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Y/n's mind begins to wonder about Rio's state.

Y/n: "Hey..."

Miles: "Hmm? What's up?"

Y/n: "It's fine if you don't answer, it's none of my business either way but...Is your mom sick?"

With a heavy heart, Miles took a long sigh. 

Y/n: "It's fine if you don't want to answer it, again none of my business"

Miles: "No, it's fine. I've kept it a secret from everyone for a long time, and I think I need to share it with someone. Will you be my first?"

Y/n: "I'd be happy to be your first"

The two shared a heartfelt chuckle, lightening up the mood before Miles begins to tell his story. 

Miles: "My mother got sick for the past month, she got it while at work. Something about a new Oscorp equipment"

Y/n: "Oh, damn..."

Miles: "So when Harry began talking about how great Oscorp was, the anger inside began to build up. Makes me want to go over and punch him right in the face, but that isn't me. So I tried to keep it in as much as I can"

Y/n: "I understand. Hey, if you ever plan on going up against Oscorp, I'll be right behind you on that one"

Miles; "Thanks..."