(Christmas in Tracksuits arc) Part 8

The same day, Clint and Kate meet up with Y/n, and is now inside his car as they begin to assess the situation for a suitable way to proceed.

Y/n: "I'm sorry about your mom. I'm sure finding out your mom works of an evil crime boss like Kingpin is not a merry revelation"

Kate: "It's fine. I felt the same way when I first found out she was getting remarried. Only this time it's with a supposedly infamous crime boss"

Clint: "Fisk is more than just a crime boss. He's a tyrant, able to rule the crime world with an iron fist"

Y/n: "Kate, I won't have to ask you to sit this one out. This concerns you way more than before, tough calls will need to be made. You sure you'll be up for it?"

Kate: *nods* "...I am. Besides, I'm not gonna do this alone"

Kate looked between Y/n and Clint, who looked amongst each other before nodding.

Clint: "You're right"

Clint sighs before leaning back in his seat as he goes into deep thought.

Clint: "We need a ton of gear. Like a whole batch of way-too-dangerous trick arrows"

Kate looks over at Clint perplexed.

Kate: "You can make more?"

Clint looks forward and over to Y/n.

Clint: "Do we still have supplies back at the Tower?"

Y/n: "Oh, like a shitload. You wouldn't believe how much stuff was left there untouched"

We cut to a lab inside Avengers Tower, Clint can be seen over a workbench as he works on the contraption on his trick arrows. 

Clint: "Hey, Kate. Have you seen that pepper spray?"

Kate: "Yep, got it right here"

Kate places the pepper spray on Clint's workbench where he's able to reach over and grab for his next trick arrows.

On the other side of the bench, Y/n had placed an unmarked metal briefcase before unlocking it.

Y/n: "Here's what you ordered"

Clint: "Thanks kid"

Kate: "There's a party later tonight. If Kingpin's gonna make his move, it'll be then"

Y/n: "Alright. I'll let D.A.R.C make a schematic for the building and lay out some plans. Mark and dead zones and vulnerable spots that may work for our advantage"

Kate: "Oh, Y/n! Can you maybe get the guild to help out?"

Y/n: "Those guys are first responders, right?"

Kate: "Yep. I have their number if-"

Y/n: "That's okay, I can have my way of contacting them"

As Y/n left to handle his set of tasks, Kate began helping Clint with their trick arrows.

Kate: "What's this one?"

Kate took out an arrowhead from the unmarked briefcase. Clint inspects the item before delving back to his work.

Clint: "Way too dangerous"

Kate: "...Too dangerous"

Kate then sets the arrowhead down carefully before going back to the label maker that will be placed onto their arrows once finished. 

Over to Y/n, he inspects the layout of the party as D.A.R.C highlights possible vantage points for Clint, possible points of interests, and possible enemy sniper positions and line of sight.