(TVA arc) Part 2

I now stood behind a podium, two of the soldiers, which I came to learn were called Minutemen, stood behind me. As I await for the judge to speak, who sat in an elevated position, I began to look around the room, seeing the several empty benches and wooden sculptures of 3 omnipotent beings.

Judge: "L/n. Variant L1129, AKA Y/n L/n, it seems we meet again"

Y/n: "I'm sorry. Again? Ma'am with all due respect I don't know WHO you are or WHY I'm here"

Judge: "You are charged with sequence violation 7-20-89. How do you plead?"

I began to look around, confused.

Y/n: "Don't I get a lawyer for this sort of thing? I mean, it is a trial"

Judge: "Are you guilty or not guilty, sir?"

Y/n: "Guilty of what!? I-"

I then took a deep breath, before speaking in a less intense tone.

Y/n: (Just remember what Matt made you practice) "I believe you have the wrong person, your honor"

Judge: "Oh, really? And who should we have?"

Y/n: "...Marty Mcfly? Look, ma'am, I am very confused at the moment"

Judge: "You are charged with violating the sacred timeline. That means your actions are not meant to happen, thus causing a Nexus event"

Y/n: "My actions? You mean stopping Thanos?"

Judge: "Correct"

Y/n: "But that's bullshit! You're telling me that I should've let him wipe out half of the universe!?"

Judge: "Yes"

Y/n: "Says who??"

Judge: "The Time Keepers"

Y/n: "Oh, The Time Keepers"

I scoff, rolling my eyes and letting out a quick chuckle, before slamming my fist down on the stand, causing a loud slam to ring across the courtroom.

Y/n: "Then you better tell them to keep staying in their fuckin' lane. Because I didn't ask for their opinion if the UNIVERSE deserves to live or die"

Judge: "You stopping Thanos was not the violation"

Y/n: "I- Wait, it's not?"

Judge: "No. But the time in which you stopped him, is"

Y/n: "...Okay, you lost me again"

Judge: "Thanos meets his demise 20 days after he wiped out half the universe before meeting his end again 5 years later once half of the universe was brought back to life"

Y/n: "Huh. So we won in the end"

Judge: "Yes, you did"

Y/n: "Cool. So do you guys just reset me like you did back then?"

Judge: "Yes. Take him away"

The judge then slams her gavel, signaling the two minutemen behind me to grab my shoulder before proceeding to escort me out of the courtroom.

As we turn to leave, the doors swing open as a teenager wearing a lab coat runs in before hunching over and catching his breath.

Judge: "You're late, intern"

Intern: "Yeah *pant* Sorry. Casey took a while to get the files ready. Then I had to run around and find Mobius"

Judge: "Well, the trial's already over. Have Variant L1129 to be reset"

Intern: "Yep *pant* You got it"

The intern then pushes himself to stand upright.

Intern: "I'll take it from here guys, you guys go on ahead"