(TVA arc) Part 1

Soldier: "Hands up!"

The soldiers then armed their weapons and pointed them in my direction.

Y/n: "And who exactly is 'us'?"

The soldier, who looked to be the superior of the group, drew her baton from her belt before pointing it at me.

Soldier: "Last chance, Variant"

I quickly web strike towards the soldier farthest from the group, webbing up their weapon before kicking them in the chin.

(~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~)

Ducking down, I manage to dodge another soldier's attack before shooting a web grenade to their chest and kicking them toward the third soldier right as the grenade detonates.

The grenade manages to encase both of the soldiers in webbing, giving me a clear win when I switch to Impact webs and shoot them in the chest, sending them flying back and stuck to tree.

(~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~)

Right as I was about to turn to the last soldier, I was struck directly in the abdomen. The pain lasts seemingly for an eternity as I feel my body move in slow motion while the soldier slaps a collar around my neck.

Soldier: "You are now moving at one-sixteenth of a second"

Once the collar was secure around my neck my body returned to normal as I drop to my knees.

Soldier: "But felt all that pain in real time"

The soldier then helps two of her subordinates, freeing them from my web before the two soldiers grabbed me by the shoulders and lifted me up to my feet as another soldier woke up from my web strike.

Soldier: "Reset the timeline"

The soldier grabbed a vial with a purple fluid from their chest, setting it down in the middle, between Tony, Steve, and Thor before pressing a button on top of the vial.

Y/n: "Wait, wait, what's gonna happen to them?"

Soldier: "They'll be pruned"

Y/n: "Pruned? What's that? It sounds like you're gonna kill them"

I was then pulled to walk by the two soldiers beside me, but I plant my foot firmly onto the ground, preventing the soldiers from pushing me around.

That is, until my entire body seemingly teleported out-of-place, unsticking me from the floor before falling back down to my knees, disoriented.

Soldier: "Knock him out"

Y/n: "Huh!?"

Before I could look over and question her order, I was immediately met with a sucker punch to the face.

When I finally got to open my eyes, I found myself standing inside a metal box. No forest, no Avengers. Just me and...

Y/n: "A smiling robot?"

I look behind me, seeing a robot with a smiling face on its screen-like face. The robot's arm then reached over my chest, attempting to remove the Wakandan necklace around my neck.

Y/n: "Hey! Hey!"

Immediately, I swat away the robot before covering the necklace with my arm.

Y/n: "At least take me to dinner first, goddamn!"

The robot then flashed a confused expression on its face before pointing another arm toward me.

Y/n: "...I don't suppose we could talk about this?"