61.

We arrived in The Netherlands. It was the most important race for Max as it was his home race.
I knew he wanted to win this race more than every other race.

Max already went to the track much earlier, he wanted to make sure everything was perfect for the race.
I walked in the garage, Max was standing with his mechanics, he smiled as he saw me and gestured to come to him.
I smiled and walked to him, he immediately put his arm around my neck, pulling me closer to his body.
"This is Rylee, my girlfriend" he introduced me to the new mechanic.

My heart stopped when I looked at him. It was Connor. The guy who fucked me in the restroom of the club, the guy I hoped I would never see again. Luckily he acted like he didn't know who I was. "Hi Rylee, I'm Connor, nice to meet you" he said and I nodded quickly. He knew it was time for him to go back to the rest of the mechanics.

Max smiled at me as he pulled me against his body. "I am so excited for this race" he said. I knew he was excited to race in front of his Dutch Army. "And a little bit nervous?" I teased him, he didn't need to admit it, I knew he was nervous. "Maybe a little bit" he chuckled. Obviously he was nervous, everyone expected him to win. "You'll do great, I just know it" I pressed my lips against his. He didn't do great during the practice sessions so I knew he was probably nervous for quali.

————————

We were all standing in the garage. Max got into Q3, which we all kinda expected anyways.
I was looking at the tv when someone pulled me with him. "You forgot to mention that your boyfriend was Max fucking Verstappen" Connor said. He looked mad and I couldn't blame him. "Can you just forget about it?" I shrugged my shoulders. I was drunk, what did he expect me to say? Sorry I have a boyfriend who's name is Max Verstappen? "Forget about it? I fucked his girlfriend. He'll destroy me and my entire career when he finds out" he said a bit too loud so I pulled him with me. "I won't tell him so just keep your mouth shut and we'll be fine"
I whispered. He was biting his lip, I knew he was nervous about it but he nodded in agreement.
"Fine, we won't tell him" he said quickly before heading back in the garage because Max was coming in.

It was Max's final fast lap before the end of the session. He was doing purple sectors but Charles was also still out on the track. Luckily he couldn't beat Max's fastest lap so Max ended on pole. I couldn't be happier, I was so proud of him.

After the celebrations, Max and I were sitting in his drivers room. "Do you have plans tonight?" He asked and I shook my head. Most of my plans were with him anyways. "You wanna grab dinner with my dad and sister?" I looked at him, I wasn't a big fan of his dad and I was sure he wasn't a big fan of me either but I nodded anyway.
He had dinner with my family multiple times, he even had dinner with Toto for me so this was the least I could do.

Maxverstappen1: what a feeling! Let's get this win tomorrow!

Liked by @SelenaRB, @Redbullracing, @RyleeWolff and 718.739 others

@RyleeWolff: 🧡
@LandoNorris: all those mclaren fans 🥰
@user1: proud to be dutch!
@user2: our champion 🧡

—————————

We were all sitting at the dinner table. He forgot to mention that this dinner wasn't at a restaurant but it was at his dad's place.
We took Kai with us so I had some distraction if I felt uneasy. His dad was actually pretty relaxed tonight, he wasn't pressuring Max, he probably knew he was very talented without his constant pressure.

Victoria and I grabbed the plates and brought them to the kitchen. She looked at me. "So it's Max's birthday next week, do you have anything planned yet?" Fuck I totally forgot, with all the drama I forgot the birthday of my own boyfriend.
"Uh no not yet. What do you think he will like?" She leaned against the counter, she was probably trying to think of something. "I don't know, a little party with his friends maybe?" She grabbed her phone quickly and texted me a number. "This is the number of Martin, he's a good friend of him and an amazing dj, he will fix a big party" I looked at the number and smiled at Victoria. She literally saved me from making another mistake.