89.

"Hi Rylee, how was your evening?" Selena asked as we both scanned our passes. How did she even dare to ask that question. "So much fun, how was yours?" I asked sarcastically. "I had lots of fun too" she smiled from ear to ear.
"Yeah? Did you have fun with my boyfriend?" I asked as we both walked through the paddock.
"Yeah, I mean we just went out for a couple of drinks" of course and he probably went to your room after our fight or breakup. I didn't even know at this point.
"And in the meantime Max signed a contract with Red Bull?" I looked at her and she shook her head. "Yeah I saw that post too, but it isn't true. We will release a statement that it's bullshit" she answered as she looked down at her phone.

Fuck so he was telling the truth. He didn't sign yet.
Speaking of the devil, Max scanned his pass to get in the paddock. A lot of people ran to him to get a picture or autograph. He was popular in the States.
They liked how he didn't have a filter and just said whatever he wanted. I liked that as well.

He walked passed us but he didn't look at me at all. I guess Selena noticed it too but she didn't ask any questions, she just walked to the Red Bull hospitality with him.

——————

I sat down at a table in the hospitality alone, I didn't want to talk to anyone. "Hi Rylee, are you ready for the race?" George walked up to me, he probably also heard the news so I bet he was pretty happy about it.
"Yes George, hopefully you can make up some places and finish in a decent place" I quickly answered. He was a bit taken back by my comment. I didn't want to be mean but I just felt so angry lately.

It was time for the race, I was standing in the Mercedes garage, this time I wasn't sitting next to Toto. It didn't really matter because Lewis told me they didn't develop their car anymore so we would never win anyways.
Max won the race again, making sure Red Bull won the constructors championship as well.
I knew it would be a big party for them, especially because they were in Vegas right now.
I should be happy for them but I wasn't. I couldn't be happy for them anymore.

I was standing outside of the garage, they were celebrating their championship.
Max looked so happy, you couldn't tell he was going through a breakup.
They were carrying him while every possible camera was focused on him.
I understood why he couldn't leave them, they were his family and I was being selfish once again.

"We'll get them next year" Toto was standing next to me, he was looking at them as well.
"Max isn't coming to Mercedes" I said. He just patted my back a few times. "He's loyal to the team who made him big. You're lucky with a boyfriend like that." He walked away smiling.
He was right. He was loyal to them because they gave him a chance.
He was loyal to me even though I gave him no love at all lately.
I was the one who wasn't loyal to him when he needed it. I should be there to hug him, but it was Selena who had her arms wrapped around him.

@RedBullRacing: You are a champion and we are champions as well! 🏆

Liked by @SelenaRB, @MaxVerstappen1, @KellyPiquet and 429.639 others.

@SelenaRB: Champioooons!!
@KellyPiquet: Congratulations 🎉
@MartinGarrix: I can smell a crazy party!
@user1: man has 100 cameras on him
@user2: Best team in the world