Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"It's been over an year. You should've moved on by now rather than waiting for something that's not meant to happen, to happen." I said, mocking him while my voice was full of taunt. I wasn't holding, I didn't intend onto.

Not after he had forced me on the jet.

My teeth grazed against each other and I took a quick, deep inhale while turning my face away from Wayne who was unbothered with any of my comments.

His eyes were glued on the phone, his thumb running across the screen while he tried to kill time.

It was going to be hours before we would land.

I wasn't here alone. There were a couple of cabin attendant's and the pilot's sitting up at front while the cabin I remained in was locked from the inside, it's keycard hanging inside Wayne's pants.

I couldn't run.

Not at all.

"I still have no idea what you're talking about." Wayne murmured, his eyes never leaving the screen of his phone. It was intended, he didn't want to face me but at the same time, he didn't want to drive me crazy in the silence.

"Oh, stop ignoring me!" I yelled, raising my voice a little. "Do you really think everything is going to suddenly change because you came for my rescue? Well, fun fact, I didn't need you to rescue me. I was doing perfectly fine on my own—"

He cut me off midway, "And you've mentioned that a thousand times already?"

I grabbed in a breath and sat straight on the seat. It was comfortable but I was uncomfortable being in this jet, being forced back to my hometown where I never wanted to return.

Why couldn't Wayne get that?

I turned my head to the small windows of the jet that fairly overlooked the dark empty grounds of wherever we were flying over. It was pitch black outside with only a flickering of one of the small lights on the wing.

Ugh.

"How about you drop me halfway through and go back by yourself? I'll find my way back to the city and we both will be back into our lives." I twisted around. At this point, my lower back was aching at the sudden swerves I had done just to get Wayne's attention.

When he looked up, finally, I gave him a cheeky grin, flashing my teeth and showing him the happiness it would bring me if he let me go.

"No." He stated.

"I hate you." I grunted, leaning forward.

"Hate me all you want. You're coming with me and nothing is going to change that, Clara." He closed his phone and placed it on the table. All his attention was on me now.

"What's the point, Wayne?" I took his name, just in the same anger as he took mine. "There is nothing going to be between us—whether be it right now or tomorrow. Absolutely nothing. It was over...long ago." There was a pause before I finished. I couldn't gather up the courage to mention what had happened a year ago.

It was too hard.

"You're still my mate."

I rolled my eyes. The mark over my neck throbbed as I remembered what had happened between us. "Doesn't matter."

"It does."

I raised my voice a little more. "It doesn't!"

"You're going to stop me from getting to my mate?" He quirked a brow and stood up from his seat that he had been glued onto since the past hour. His brows stooped low, forming a shadow over his eyes while they changed color from ashy gray to a deep, dull crimson.

"I don't want to be with you. I don't find any of this necessary. We can go on with our paths, just as we did before—"

"I waited for you." His anger furthered as so did mine.

"I didn't tell you to wait for me." I snapped back at him. It was all Wayne. There wasn't a single time I reached out, even when I direly needed someone's help. Simply because, I wanted to move past him and I wanted him to do the same. I thought, after all this time, he would've moved on.

Guess I was wrong.

I beat up with my emotions for him, to stay away, to start a fresh life, to run away from all the wrongs but he was still here, once more, prepared to ruin my life all over again. I wasn't going to let that happen.

My peace mattered more.

"You left. What was I supposed to do? Mourn and move on? I fucking marked you, Clara and we mated." He leaned over me, eyes hovering over mine while heat spilled from his body. Rage—he was packed with it. "Regardless of all your bullshit, you're mine and I'll be damned if that is ever changed."

I clutched onto my seat. My lips lined straight while I took his words in. There was too much going on in here. Authority. Control. I couldn't let him have it, not again.

I stood up, leveling my eyes with his. It remained quiet inside the cabin. No one had disturbed us since the jet took off except for one instance where the cabin attendant brought us drinks.

"It takes only a minute for another male to set their mark on a female, whether she be marked or not." I uttered, my voice low as the sound of my breathing.

The crimson in his eyes darkened. He stepped forward, his shoulders broadened while his jaw clenched, forming dark shadows to appear over his cheeks.

Before I could say anything else, his hand was wrapped around my throat, rough fingers raking over my skin while he pushed me back, against a flat wall. I felt the vibrations of the jet against my back and when close enough, I could hear the wind whooshing and the jet soaring through the night sky.

He pressed his fingers harder into my cheeks while his wrist remained pressed against my throat, blocking my airway but it wasn't enough pressure to stop me from breathing.

"You're going to let someone else mark you?" He questioned, growling as his wolf tore out. "You're going to let someone else between your legs?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe. It depends. I did like a few men here and there but none of them reached up to my taste—"

His hand tightened, cutting me off midway. My lips curled into a mischievous smile, furthering the vast ball of his anger inside him. Eyes turned darker and he grew stronger.

Finally. There was an emotion.

I wrapped my hand around his arm, feeling the bulging of his muscles as he pulled my face up. His hot, brutal breath fanned over my face as he narrowed his face to mine. I felt the heat, the jealousy, the anger—all of it and a part of me enjoyed seeing it.

I choked out a laugh while gasping for breath. "What are you going to do about it? Right, nothing. You don't have control over me. You'll never will—"

"You're mine." He growled.

"I don't have to be."

Breaking a bond was painful, not that I thought about it.

"You're fucking mine." He repeated, his had now constricting my airway.

I reached up, nearing his lips as my smile broadened. "No, I'm not."

Suddenly, he released me but before I could shift away from him, his hand looped around my back, taking a fistful of my hair while his other hand rolled between the waistband of my pants, reaching into my underwear.

"If you're not mine, why are you wet?"

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr