Chapter 52

Chapter 52

I waved at Wayne as he got inside the car to go handle a few pack matters. There was a group of rogues seen nearby the border and he went to question them along with a few other wolves under him. I stayed at home during the next day, pondering and having some chai latte whilst Nora was making dinner. The night had passed by with ease. I slept in his embrace, forgetting all of my worries. When the morning sun shone, I turned over a new leaf and decided to not listen anything from my mother anymore. Whatever she spat out, it was bullshit and I truly needed to stop listening to her.

"Don't you feel bored here? I mean, Nora, you cook all day and light." I said, hands underneath my chin while my shoes were knocking against the table's leg. I had found boredom finding its way to me after Wayne had left. There was nothing more to fight with him about.

We had invited Grayson, the Alpha of the Goldridge Pack and his mate, Claudia over for dinner and Nora was preparing exactly that. They had called Wayne early in the morning, informing him when they were going to arrive. Almost around six. There were still many hours left as it was still early.

"I enjoy doing what I do, Clara." She replied, turning on the heat.

I placed my hands over the counter and sighed before getting up from the seat. My head was cloud, I had been in great stress over the past couple days and I needed some relief. "I'm going to take a bath." I announced.

It was just Nora in the house, the rest of the workers were outside, tidying up the garden. My voice echoed across the empty rooms and hallways as I spoke. I waved my hand at her before walking to the stairs and heading back to my room.

I could hear the sound of my mother spitting words in the silence. She hadn't stop, nor she had any intentions to. It had been more than a day and I began assuming that her presence here was going to be trouble. Wayne intended on moving her out of the basement and locking her up else where for peace of mind. He couldn't bear her as well—just as I couldn't.

She was trouble, needing to be pushed out of our lives but at the same time, we needed to keep her close incase she wandered off and made another poison to kill us all.

I never understood her hatred and I no longer wanted to understand her. She was her own person and locking her up forever was the greatest punishment she could ever get.

My bones and flesh melted into the warmth of the water. I soaked in all the relief and breathed out all my worries. A thin layer of smoke drifted around me in the air as I lit up a candle at the corner of the bathroom. The tension in my bones released. I stayed in the bath for a few long minutes, relaxing my self for as long as I could.

Things were turning around for the good.

Wayne and I were getting better for each other. I had began accepting the person he had become—the monster. I could see past it and I could accept him. There was only one problem left and it was the poison that we needed to destroy, just as we had done before. Though, then, it didn't turn a person into a lunatic, blood sucking monster, it merely weakened a werewolf for a short period of time.

It wasn't going to be hard but after that, we were free from all worries. Handling mother wouldn't be difficult either, we would lock her up somewhere in the corner of the world and never let her leave.

And then Wayne and I could move on with our lives. I could finally return back into the relationship once we had, better than what we had. We both had changed, greatly. Neither of us were the same people as before. Mistakes weren't going to be made and there weren't going to be any regrets.

I stepped out of the bath after half hour and wrapped a towel around my wet body. Smoke was built up in the entire bathroom so I left and went to the room to change. I pulled on a new full-sleeves shirt and buttoned it up before pulling up blank pants and tightening them around my waist.