Chapter 50

Chapter 50

"You're my daughter. You know everything, don't you?" She grinned at my response and the proudness appeared in her eyes for a longer time.

"I hate you and I'm nothing like you." I stared down at her with disgust in my tone. From the corner of my eyes, I looked at the food and said, "Eat it if you want to live. I don't mind burying you at all."

"You wouldn't be here if you wanted to bury me, Clara." She huffed and sat back, pressing her back against the cold wall. "What are you going to do? Keep me here for the rest of my life? Kill me? You and I both know you can't do any of that. You have to eventually let me go."

"So you can kill more people? Take more innocent lives?" I asked her in all honesty.

What did she want more? She had nearly ruined everything for me and now she was killing people left and right with the poison she had created.

"And where is Hawk? I don't see him anywhere. Did he cut ties with you? I suppose he doesn't wants you as well." I continued, not having any idea to where Hawk was or if he was still in contact with my mother.

"Don't worry about my brother. He'll always come for me. But watch your back. You're making a mistake again, mingling with the wrong ones. It was good that you were gone, Clara. At least you weren't sleeping with the enemy..." She trailed off, mocking me in return.

"Wayne is not my enemy!" I snapped at her. "Though I suppose he is yours now."

"He's the enemy, Clara. You're just way too blind to actually see it. From the beginning of your life, I warned you about him and you went straight into his arms. You nearly had a child." She scoffed, shaking her head with disappointment as if I had made a grave mistake. "Thank God you didn't have one. You still have hope. Get out of this mess and away from him while you can."

"I'm not going anywhere and he isn't a mistake. I love him, I always did. I don't need your acceptance, Mom. You're nothing to me." I replied to her while crossing my arms over my chest.

There was no truth in her words. Wayne wasn't a mistake. Whatever wrong she had in her mind was her problem to deal with. Not mine. I loved a man who I trusted the most with my life and I still continued to love him even after all that had happened.

I watched her eyes darken before she asked, "Do you really think you're anything to him?" In confusion, my brows collected. "He only wanted a child from you, Clara, if you have forgotten. Your relationship with him was a deal, a deal that was never finished. The only reason you fell in love with him was because of a deal you signed. Who knows, maybe for him, this all is still deal."

My thoughts jumbled and I began to loose direction after hearing her. When it came to me, my eyes widened a little and I remembered the deal Wayne and I had signed before everything.

The only reason we ever had sex was because he wanted a child from me and I was willing to give him one in exchange for changing my title from an Omega.

But there were feelings...

He loved me.

"He's growing old. He wants a heir and as his marked mate, you can only give him one. Just imagine when he learns that you don't want to have a child anymore. Do you think he will still want you?" She lowered her voice, whispering to me while I stood still, thinking hard and fast. "Of course not. He won't hesitate rejecting you as his mate and taking another one as you can't fulfill his wishes."

My mother wasn't wrong, not entirely at least.

Did Wayne still want a child? Was that what he desired from me? Was he going to leave me if I didn't give him one? Was he going to reject me?

I placed my thumb between my teeth and chewed on the torn skin on the side while turning away from my mother. My elbow was pressed against my other hand that rested over my waist. I thought hard. My breaths became heavy and my heart began beating faster.

I couldn't think about the fact that Wayne wanted to leave or reject me. He couldn't. He was the one that had travelled all the way to get me and force me to come back home. I had been rejecting his moves all along.

But what if he was getting tired?

My gaze flashed over the blank wall in front of me before I turned and left the room and then the basement. In unease, I ran upstairs, hitting my feet hard over the marble stairs till I reached the upper level of the house. I stepped closer to Wayne's bedroom but slowed down a little to hear what was happening inside.

His voice echoed through the empty hallway as he was on the phone with someone and the door to his bedroom was slightly creaked open.

I pushed my shoulders back and took in a deep breath before entering the bedroom. By the time I walked in, he was off from his phone but it was still wrapped around his fingers.

"Did you went to see your mother again?" He asked, sounding a bit tired from all the duties of today.

"Yes...just for a minute." I quickly said before closing the door behind me and reaching forward, closer to him. "But that doesn't matters." Once there was no distance between us, I wrapped my arm around him and rested my other hand over his chest. My gaze lowered to his neck and then I rose my head to meet with his eyes. "Nothing matters to me except for you."

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his brows as his pupils dilated.

I fluttered my lashes a little and shook my head, slowly, "Nothing at all. I—I just missed you. And it's been a long day. I think we should spend some time with each other."

"We have spent the whole day with each other." He reminded me.

"Yes—but working. That's different!" I rolled my eyes and maintained the mood. "I want to spend time with you, alone." I lowered my hand, running it all over his chest before taking in a deep, long breath. "You don't touch me anymore." I pouted

"Because I can't control myself." He answered, still not getting the signal I had been trying to give him.

After studying me for a second, he let himself loose and tucked in his phone before placing his hands over my waist. Warmth spread over my body and I let out another breath of relief.

"It's fine. You don't have to control anything." I leaned in closer, leaving no distance between his mouth and mine. My neck was set on an angle while my lips were closing to his. "Just fuck me." I whispered.

Suddenly, a light sparked in his eyes, I wasn't sure why it appeared but I assumed it was because of the advances I had been taking on him and the realisation that I actually wanted him between my legs.

"Clara..." He trailed off, confused.

"Don't hesitate." I slipped my hand over his cheek and traced my fingers down before letting my eyes slip shut. My shoulders slumped as I pressed my lips against his, kissing him.

The feeling swarming within me had enough strength to weaken my knees. I titled my head and he deepened the kiss. It was no longer a delicate kiss but rather a passionate, wild kiss that I had been longing for. My core flared and I moaned into his mouth as he slipped his tongue into mine and tasted me.

I ran my hand over to the back of his head where I clenched around his hair. He muffled out a deep growl before pressing his body harder against mine.

The fire was suddenly lit between us and it lasted.

My mother was wrong.

Again.

Read the full book on Patreon or Inkitt. www.patreon.com/miakerr www.inkitt.com/miakerr