Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Wayne had called upon his favorite group of warriors and had informed them about the plan. It was to capture my mother if she were to come and see me somewhere near the hills. In order for her to actually come, I needed to be entirely alone and far away from Wayne.

Hues of the sunset settled in the sky. The curtains of the house were drawn open, letting as much as light inside.

I had changed my clothes, showered and tied up my hair into a ponytail while Wayne spoke to the warriors, their names unknown as I didn't have enough time to catch up when I returned here.

I had given up a picture of my mother that was stored in the hundred books I had before this house was a pack house. Since all my books were inside my bedroom, I easily found the picture and offered it to the warriors to have a good picture of her in their minds.

"Her name, Josie Houghton, she's almost in her fifties and she looks quite similar to me." I said to them while my arms were folded across my chest. "She has a brother and his name is Hawk. They are usually together but maybe this instance they'll not be. Hawk is stronger, he has been trained a lot so if any of you cross his path, you'll need a lot of strength to fight him." I explained to them.

My mother was weak, she was an omega—we all were weak but Uncle Hawk had been training himself since at the ripe age of five. He was stronger than most omega's and couldn't be easily taken down, therefore the warning I gave the warriors.

"Have heard from him?" Wayne quietly pulled me to the corner and asked me.

I shook my head, "No, nothing. I don't think so he's here."

I was certain that Hawk was behind in forming the poison that my mother had given to Wayne but I doubted he was working with her anymore. Everyone couldn't be evil in my family!

"I—I'm not sure..." I trailed off, making no certain assumption.

"It's fine. They are trained and if they do cross your Uncle, they'll be able to take him down. Don't worry." He placed his hand over my shoulder and just above my flesh, sparks flew.

I brushed off his hand and returned to the warriors that stood inside the living room of the house. Six of them, lined together, standing idle and waiting for commands from their superiors.

"If my mother is to show up, I cannot risk having any of you surround me. You all need to keep a distance and ensure your scents don't linger in the air around me." I told them while cautiously walking back and forth.

A chill ran down my spine and I looked outside of the window, staring the sky getting darker. We only had a little time in our hands before the night was upon us.

After guiding the warriors about the plan, we all left in several cars. Some of the cars took another road toward the hills while I took the same road as I always did.

No one sat along with me. Wayne decided to stay back at the house, preparing for my mother's return. He needed a space to keep her and the basement seemed to be perfect.

My heart thudded hard and my fingers trembled against the steering wheel as I raced toward the hills and my old home. The house where my mother and Uncle Hawk lived in was burnt down and a new house was constructed on the site. A new family of omega's lived there and they were different to mine.

When I reached near my old home, I stopped my car, parked it on the side and stepped out with nothing in my hands except for my own strength that I had been building for the past few months. I was sure of one thing—my own mother wouldn't attack me but I feared if there were any other monsters roaming around the hills or in the forest or if my mother had befriended one of those monsters.

After all, she did create them.

I dropped a quick group message to everyone before closing my phone and tucking it inside my pockets. Inhaling the fresh air, I began walking around and farther away from the civilization.

I walked for long and hard while fog began to build up around the hills and the forest. It soon became unclear for me to see which way I was going but I had my location switched on for the warriors to be aware if something were to happen.

I walked uphill and stood on the top for several minutes, admiring the town and the land we were living in.

Nothing had truly changed.

"Clara..." A voice appeared from behind me.

My lips parted as I nearly gasped but then I held myself together and turned around. My jaw tightened as I saw the familiar face. "Hello, Mom." I muttered while my hands remained buried in my pockets, one of them gripping my phone hard. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh," She stepped forward and her face became clear. Though it seemed like she hadn't aged a day. "My baby, I wanted to see you. I looked everywhere for you. I'm sorry for everything you went through that time and I'm sorry I couldn't be there."

"Cut the act." I snapped.

"Clara—"

"You poisoned my mate!" I reminded her.

"He hurt you." She pouted and replied, giving me an unreasonable response.

I scoffed and then shook my head before the laughter came out of me. "Wow. Please, don't act like you care for even a second. I know you well, mother and I know everything you do, it is for yourself only. And don't you dare show me your pity, I don't need any of it. You're not my mother. You're simply a monster." I flicked a finger in the air while talking to her. The words poured straight out of my heart and I didn't hesitate in telling what I wanted her to hear.

Her face brimmed with guilt and misery. "But—"

When I looked over the shoulders, I found the warriors inching closer. Their scents spread everywhere in the air and the corner of my lips stiffened into a mischievous smile.

"Goodbye, Mom." I waved my hand at her while taking a large step back.

The warriors proceeded forward, some of them shifted and lunged at my mother before she even sensed them. It only took a few seconds, a lot of strength and some dose to knock my mother out of her sense. Before I could even blink, she was on the ground, lying unconscious while the wolves gathered around her.

I avoided to feel anything at all. I didn't want to know. I didn't want to feel guilty for capturing my mother and throwing her to Wayne so he could do whatever he wished to do. She was terrible, not once but a few times now. She deserved everything she was going to get and I was going to look into that personally.

For years, she digging her own grave and now, she was going to lie in it.

"Restraint her quickly. We should get back into our cars before anyone else see us." I ordered the warriors and they listened to as me as I was their Beta.

The fog continued to built up all around us, making it nearly impossible to see anything except for the gloom.

As we all went down the hill, I smiled at myself and decided to reward myself with a drink or two when I would return home.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr