Chapter 70

Chapter 70

For the first time in the longest, I felt powerful, driven with need and rage. All this energy I had been suppressing inside me came to surface and sprinted through my veins. My heart still trembled in my chest, forcing me remember humanity even when most of me was consumed by the poison and its effects.

There was only silence where I stood. The hall was quiet as if someone had just died, though, death was still on the doorway, knocking to let itself in.

"I didn't come here to fight with you, Clara." She shook her head, her crocodile tears barely spilling on her white, pale cheeks. "I'm sorry for what I did." Her narrative changed quick when she saw me—a ball of fury standing in front of her. "I made a mistake..." She bought time.

I saw through her lies instantly, taking in none of her words. "You ruined my life, Mother. You killed my father, you nearly killed me—twice and then you poisoned me. I forgave you every time but I'm not a forgiving person anymore," I stretched my palms on either sides of my hips. My claws lengthened, taking a sharp shape.

People gasped behind me. My mother's followers, as I preferred calling them that. They were sheeps, still lingering behind my mother as she ruined the werewolf world with her poison's.

It didn't matter how many time we seized her poison and destroyed it. She would make it again and again and again. There was no end to it. Maybe the next strain of poison could be more lethal, destroying our world. And not for a moment my mother would feel empathy or guilt.

Though now, it was getting personal.

"Your time is up..." I trailed off, inching closer to her as my blood ran hot and furious. Like a time ticking bomb, I approached her and backed away from me. Not even Uncle Hawk stepped in to stop me. He knew what strength I held.

"Listen to me, Clara. I'm your mother. You cannot kill me!" She exclaimed, shaking her head in denial.

But that was the problem. She wasn't my mother. She had never acted as one so she wasn't going to get any benefit of being me. I expressed my love for Wayne to her a thousand times, I begged her to stop trying to kill him or overpower him but she never listened. She repeatedly attacked my mate, my only family and poisoned him only days after I had left town, barely a week after I lost my child.

What kind of mother was she?

When her back pressed against the white wall of the wall, she gasped and her eyes widened a little. Her fear was in the air, smelled by whoever was in the room with me.

I stepped down from the stage and cornered her. "Don't worry. I'm not going to drink your blood because I don't want to be ever like you." I whispered to her, only my lower lip moving.

Her eyes turned into a shade of raven, dark and fearful. Her mouth quivered as she tried to find the words—her last words. Even then, I didn't expect any sort of apology from her because a woman like her could not ever accept her mistake or apologize.

"You're just like me, Clara." The corner of her lip tugged and she smiled as a sickening happiness crossed her face, almost making me want to throw up. "Kill me if you want to but don't deny the fact that my blood runs in your veins. It's the same blood and one day, you'll rise the same way I did. I fought for freedom and power, I did nothing wrong."

"You fought for yourself and yourself only. No one else." I reminded her before taking a quick blow at her throat and ramming my claws into her neck.

She choked up while trying to utter more demeaning words. Blood splattered down my neck and onto my hands as she drew in her last breaths. Her body barely moved but her fingers circled around my wrists, hoping to stop me. It was too late.

While her eyes still remained wide open, I continued, "Rot in hell, Mother. I'll never be like you and that's a promise I make to you. Turn me into a monster, make me the devil but I'll never become you." With those last words, I drew my claws out of her throat.

She coughed up blood before falling on the ground beside my feet with a thud. Taking in a few more croaked breaths, she lost life then and there, just like that. Blood continued to seep out of her blood, flooding the ground and I stepped away before any of it touched me.

For the first time, the raw need to drink blood wasn't there even when I stood by a puddle of my own mother's blood, fresh out of her system. Her head laid flat against the ground while her hair fell over her face, covering the hideous look her face was going to morph into.

I took a couple more steps back, realizing with every step that I had killed her—my mother. She was no longer alive, no longer here to ruin my life any further and or try to kill Wayne at every step of her way. Her name was going to burn and her ashes were going to disappear. No one was going to know about her and the greed she carried with herself.

She wanted power, not just a little bit but all of it. She didn't want a family, she didn't want a daughter or even her own husband. Whatever came her way, she destroyed it.

Her greed led to her doom.

Not me.

I turned around, facing away from her body. My fingers unintentionally rubbed against the skin underneath my eyes, brushing away the tears that had formed. I prayed day and night that my mother would change, beg for forgiveness and leave her itch for power behind but she never did.

I glanced to my right side, hoping to find Uncle Hawk but he had fled from a backdoor that was locked.

"Your Uncle's gone." Magnus reached to me and said.

"Try to capture him," My head lowered to my mother's body. "She was the one distributing the poison and killing people but it was my uncle who knows how to create it. Don't kill him, though."

He nodded his head and pulled out his phone, dropping a message to any warriors surrounding us to find my Uncle and capture him.

I swallowed hard and walked past the omega's that stared at me with disbelief. They were still silent, in loss of words. I didn't want to harm them as they were only influenced by my cruel mother. Once it would wear off, they'd snap into reality and return to serving their pack.

As for the secret, I let it leave the four walls and I let it consume me. Wayne and I were monsters of a kind but we were still werewolves. We accepted ourselves and I knew people were eventually going to.

But for now, there was another problem to deal with.

The poison.

It couldn't be taken by anyone else.

Read 20+ chapters ahead on Inkitt or Patreon:

Inkitt: www.inkitt.com/miakerr

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr