Chapter 60

Chapter 60

A minute or two passed by. Wayne returned back to reality and grew control of his breathing. Sweat dripped from the sides of his face and chest while he buried his head between my neck. In those moments, I didn't think about anything except for the fact I was hungry. Horror spread over my face but I hid it from him. It had been an hour, maybe more since I hadn't thought about blood but now I was thinking and I was thinking hard.

I hoped that being intimate with Wayne would've stopped me from needing blood all the time. He told me that it would only take one trigger to help me control the urge.

It wasn't sex.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ears while his hand was against my face, brushing my cheeks gently.

"For what?" I furrowed my brows together.

"I finished, Clara."

The confusion still stayed, "Okay?"

He bought his head out of my neck and stared at me with bewilderment, "Inside you..." He added and then only it made sense.

"Oh." I was surprised but didn't think too much of it.

It didn't matter whether he finished inside me or outside me. I doubted I could get pregnant with the poison my mother had given.

"It's okay..." I murmured under my breath and looked away from Wayne, staring the ceiling above me. His eyes fought to stay awake but I knew he was going to sleep anytime soon, probably in the next few minutes.

We stood up from the bed, cleaned ourselves and changed the sheets before curling our arms over one and other. I pressed my eyes shut, acting as I was going to doze off any second now. I didn't want to sleep. I wasn't sleepy at all. Instead, I was starving and needing blood.

I placed my head over his lap while he laid straight on the bed. His body slumped and soon, he fell asleep. I waited for a few more minutes to pass by, for his snores to echo in my ears before I was assure that he was actually sleeping and not testing me.

There had been days where I had sneaked out, ripped through the house to find blood but it was only moments after Wayne would grab me and lock me up in the room. He was always awake, even when he acted asleep.

But tonight it was going to be different. Having sex always exhausted him and I knew that. He had to get sleep for at least a few hours before he could function and that was more than enough for me to find something or someone to feed my hunger.

I brushed my fingers over his stubble jaw and peeled open my eyes, watching him carefully. His mouth was pressed shut while he breathed from his nose. There was a light flush on his cheeks from the hard work he had done.

I smiled at him and leaned in a bit to kiss his cheek.

I truly wanted him and I loved him, still but there were other feelings that were stronger than love, like the need for blood. For days I had imagined what it would've been if my mother wouldn't have poisoned me. We were close to getting the poison from the Alpha of the Goldridge Pack and shutting down the whole chaos.

After that, we would have been together, in peace, probably happier and without having any fear.

But that was all in the past now...

It was too late.

I slowly moved my legs aside from Wayne as his soft snores echoed in my ears. He was asleep, just as I expected him to be.

Once my legs were down on the ground, I lifted myself off his chest carefully and moved aside without making a single sound. My sex ached as I stood up from the bed.

I leaned against the wall and took another peek at Wayne. The golden light from the corner of the room shone on the right of his face while he slept soundlessly.

When grabbing the handle of the door, I did it quietly and quickly before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind.

Just once more. I thought.

Just a little bit of blood and that's all.

I sped downstairs while my entire body tensed with what I was going to do. While walking to the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of my reflection.

Pale.

Dead.

Starving.

There were dark and heavy bags underneath my eyes while the rest of my skin was as pale as it could get. I hadn't eaten much over the past week and it affected my body. I could feel myself turning into bones and losing everything I had worked for.

My heart pounded in my ears when I checked the kitchen for any blood bags. Wayne usually stored them somewhere around the house but I could never find where. He kept moving them here and there, hiding them away from me.

I opened all of the cabinets and yet I couldn't find a single blood bag anywhere. Sprinting across the house, I searched every corner, ever hidden room and even the cellar.

Whilst in the cellar, I heard a voice echo in my head.

"I'll be over tomorrow night. Got some duties to fulfill today but the Alpha tells me he's going to give me a whole week off by the end of the month. Maybe then we can go for a little getaway, just you and me?" A man spoke above me.

I turned around in the cellar, looking everywhere but there wasn't any man here. My gaze froze at the small window at the top of the cellar. Cold wind gushed into the cellar and I quivered. From the window, I could see a shadow walking in the backyard of the house and talking to someone.

The corner of my lips curled and I rushed back upstairs. I hadn't heard anyone near the house in a while as Wayne had told them all to be far away from the house at all times. He feared I would kill them.

He wasn't wrong.

I quietly reached the glass door to the backyard and slowly drew it open. A man's figure continued to appear in front of me. He was near the garden, still talking to someone—a woman it seemed.

I stepped out into the cold. The trees wavered back and forth with the wind as I moved closer to the man without him having to see me.

My tongue ran over my lips, wetting them for the meal I was going to have. It was a mistake, I already knew it but I had no other option. I was starving and I needed blood, it didn't matter where it came from or who I had to kill to have it.

I just needed it.

Once I was near the man, I took in a deep breath before attacking him. I grabbed him by his throat with full force and sunk my canines deep into his flesh, drawing out his blood and feeding on it as the wild monster I had been forced to become.

Do you think it's possible for Clara to become pregnant again? 

Read the full book Patreon, or on my Inkitt Subscription.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions