Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Wayne.

My mate.

It wasn't hard to forget your mate, especially when there were cruel memories attached with them. I had seen it all with him, the good times, and the terrible times. There was nothing else I needed to see.

He was a man, of my past.

I let my head fall back on the ground as the men began leaving the shady warehouse. Thomas simply grinned at me before departing. My pleads became useless, inaudible as soon as he realized who had marked me.

Shuffling with the restraints, I groaned and kicked my feet out of frustration. I still had enough time to run away before anyone could get here and find me but the only problem I had was setting myself free.

Memories of Wayne snapped into me like a whip, forcing me to face my past once more and open my eyes wide to see the reality. His face flashed through my head, I closed my eyes and breathed. It had been a long time since I had seen him, since I had spoken to him and since I had been in his arm.

A year.

The day we lost our child was the day we lost our relationship as well. The baby was the only string that kept us together and without the baby, we were nothing except for wild animals fighting, arguing, and wounding each other.

I forced myself to forget about Wayne, shove him deep in my past and never remember again. He had no clue about my whereabouts, he wasn't informed—simply because I didn't want him to know where I was. I sought for privacy and some time alone when I left the town and he promised to give it to me.

It would be an embarrassment, a shame, if he learned that I had been taken by Thomas and his weakling of a pack. He would laugh at me, taunt me for where I had come in my life, and I didn't want any of that.

I had a position granted to me when I was at the Nightstalker's Pack. I was going to be trained and, in a few months, then I would've been called the Alpha's mate instead of an omega. Wayne intended on taking me public after the loss of our child, but I rejected it all, left the town and fled.

For what?

Nothing.

I stared up at the ceiling. They must've called him. I knew Wayne, and I knew he would hurry to be my savior—unless he had found someone else, another female to breed and enjoy, possibly another weak omega to prey on.

I didn't want to face him. Not now. Not today.

In the silence, I found the time passing by slower than usual. My head throbbed in pain from whatever they had given me to force me unconscious, but it wasn't long before my body began getting sore.

I changed positions, sweeping left and right but wherever I faced, I found blood and dirt smeared on the ground. The scent was hurrying, I gagged and pushed my mouth over my shoulders.

Who could even live here?

The place brightened a bit from the sides where the creaks could be found. Sunlight washed in from those creaks and I began seeing clearer.

It was a warehouse.

Mr. Alpha Thomas had the complete right to hold me hostage and find a way to throw me out of his town, but he didn't need to ring Wayne or inform him.

I could've left instead.

I grunted and kicked the dirt underneath my shoes while lying flat on the ground and giving up. I supposed this is where everything ends.