Chapter 67

Chapter 67

"What?" Wayne raised his head and said, surprise covering his features as he hand slowly parted away from his pants. "I wanted to fuck you. We don't need to go home."

I placed my hands over his face, cupping them, "No, no. I just realized something and I need to go home. Only me. You have to go to Swanhill alone, without me." I quickly said. "We both cannot go."

"Why not?" He remained confused.

I didn't want to say everything that was running in my head but the fact remained that I needed to be home, in the town while Wayne would be on his way to Swanhill.

"Just believe me. Drop me off. You'll go there alone and I trust you enough to figure out where the poison is. Once you do, load it into the van and bring it back by the end of the weekend." I told him while drawing my hands away from his face and turning around to go speak with the driver.

Before I could take a step forward, Wayne grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "Clara," His voice became deep. "I don't understand. I thought you wanted to come with me."

"I did but there is something I need to deal with and I cannot do that if I'm with you, away from the town, three hours away from the town, in another territory." I tried to make him understand the need to return back home but it didn't settle in his head.

"Alright, alright. Let's head back." He nodded, still confused.

He rose up from his seat and headed to the driver, asking him to turn around and return back home. We hadn't gotten too far, just twenty minutes away from the town.

The van came to an idle spot near the metal, curved gates of the house. I drew open the doors and prepared to part ways from Wayne. He grabbed my hand once more, holding me back.

I looked into his eyes, finding despair in them. He wanted me to come along with him, it was going to be a little vacation of our own but circumstances were changing and I was only aware of what was going to happen here.

"I know you can do this by yourself. You're strong, mighty and you're an Alpha," I ran my hand over his arm, feeling his muscles throb underneath my fingertips. "And if you need any help, I'm a call away. Keep me updated."

"What are you going to do here alone?" He asked me.

I glanced over my shoulders, hearing only silence around me. "Stop a war from happening." I mumbled under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear but he did. "Just go, quick and find where the poison is. I'll handle everything here." I leaned in and gave him a kiss over his left cheek. "Love you."

"I love you, too." He smiled at me before drawing his hand away from my arm and setting me free.

When I stepped out of the vehicle, it began moving and driving away from the street. I waved my hand at Wayne and watched him disappear into the narrow roads in the community before getting back on the highway heading to Swanhill.

The door to the office swung open and I came face to face with Magnus who was shuffling through papers and understanding pack matters that Wayne had left with him. We had trained him to manage everything whilst we were gone but that wasn't necessary anymore as I had returned but I needed help.

"Where is Allison?" I asked Magnus who looked at me with surprise. His eyes were wide as he tried to comprehend why I had return in such a small time.

"She went down to grab a quick snack." He replied, placing the papers back on the desk. "Is—how are you here?"

"Well," I unbuttoned my coat and drew it off my shoulders. "I couldn't be with Wayne, I have sent him off to handle matters at Swanhill," We hadn't told anyone why we were having a weekend getaway at Swanhill except for Magnus. "While I remain here, in charge of all matters." I placed my coat over the coat hanger by the wall and walked into the room.

"But what about the poison? Is he able to get it by himself?" He asked.

"Are you doubting your own Alpha?" I stared dead into his eyes.

He shook his head, "But—"

"There is a bigger problem here, Magnus." I reached the desk and flipped through the papers. "My mother had told Grayson, the Alpha of the Goldridge pack about my illness—that I had been poisoned, therefore, we had to cancelled the dinner that was going to take place weeks ago."

"So?"

"Now, we accepted Grayson's invite to his town, Swanhill." I paused for a moment, reading the names of omega's left in town. "I'm aware of my mother's tricks, Magnus. She wanted us to leave town so she could create a riot here and take control. It's the perfect plan!" I exclaimed. "She lured Grayson to invite us into his territory, leaving our territory alone and vulnerable to any attacks."

"She's going to attack..." Magnus trailed off, understanding me. "And she is going to use the poison to her advantage, she's going to de-throne Alpha Wayne, announcing him unfit for the title as the poison runs through his bloodstream, making him less of an Alpha and more of a monster."

"Yes!"

"Does he knows?" Magnus asked, staring at me with horror.

"No, and he cannot. He has to cease the remaining poison from Alpha Grayson and he cannot do that if he fears that his throne is going to be threatened." I told him, stopping him to tell anyone about it.

Not even a single soul could be aware of what was happening behind closed doors or the discussion Magnus and I had. No one could be aware that I was here and that I hadn't left town. We needed to come up with a plan to take my mother down while Wayne handled matters in Swanhill. We needed to stop from any rumors spreading and any information about the poison that could turn a werewolf into a blood-sucking monster.

No one could know anything.

No one.

Read 20+ chapters ahead on Inkitt or Patreon:

Inkitt: www.inkitt.com/miakerr

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr