Chapter 55

Chapter 55

My heart lurched and I fell on the ground while holding my stomach. It was there, it was finally here—the hunger I had been dreading from. The bag was beside me, filled with blood bags, waiting for me to grab it and relish it but I feared it wouldn't be enough.

I gritted my teeth and clawed my fingernails across the mattress, tearing through the lining as the urge increased. My head throbbed in never-ending pain and my throat closed up. I had stopped bleeding from my nose and throat but the blood loss was making me go manic. My vision blurred and I growled in anger. Rather than feeling any pain or sadness, I felt rage, anguish—most of it all directed at my mother as she was the one that had poisoned me.

After going through a war with my self, I gave up and grabbed onto the bag. The bag fell and dragged across the floor before I unzipped it and took a blood bag out of it. It wasn't warm, it wasn't what I needed but I had to take it.

Without another thought, I bit down on the bag, hard enough to tear the plastic. Cold blood seeped into my mouth and down my throat. The taste, it was as awful as it could but in a way, it was intoxicating, just like alcohol. My eyes were pressed shut as I swallowed every drop of blood from the bag. Some of it spilled to the sides of my mouth, covering my face in disgust.

I tore myself away from the bag but the urge to drink more still remained. Panting and taking in heavy breaths, I grabbed onto another blood bag and dug straight into it.

Minutes passed, the number of empty blood bags increased and scattered on the floor but the hunger within me wasn't satisfied. I tore through another one and then another one, never stopping.

Once I had gotten a taste of it, it became harder and harder to stop. After emptying everything that was inside the bag, I reached into it again, searching for another one but there weren't any left.

"Fuck." I growled while running my tongue over the corners of my mouth.

I pushed my hair back, behind my ears and stood up. My heart beat fast and hard while my throat closed up. It seemed like I hadn't gotten any but I had. I pressed my hand against my chest and rubbed it a little while struggling with having more.

How much more blood did I need? Wasn't ten bags enough? It was a kind of hunger that I had never felt in my life.

I paced back and forth in the room. The moonlight shone from the outside and illuminated the bedroom. When I drew open the curtains, I realized that I needed to be control and in my senses. I couldn't loose control. The last thing I wanted to do was loose control and kill people for blood.

This wasn't me.

I hurried to the washroom and turned on the water in the sink. Glancing at my reflection, I found blood smeared near my mouth and the jaw and over my fingers. I cleaned up my face and then my hands before patting them dry with a towel.

I couldn't think of anything else besides warm blood. I tried to think of Wayne but my thoughts were limited. I wondered if he had been through the same misery as I was going through. I wondered if it was harder for him than me.

After cleaning the blood and changing my clothes, I walked out of the washroom and continued walking back and forth in the little space besides the bed. I didn't want to leave the room and injure whoever was inside this house, especially Nora but that was all I could think about.

I imagined ripping through everyone's, tasting every drop of blood and killing them all without any emotion.

Running my fingers through my hair, I held my hair back tightly, causing slight discomfort in my head. Every time I felt pain, the hunger seemed to lessen but my chest felt hollow.

It had been more than an hour since I had asked Wayne to leave the room. The time passed by slowly and I counted every second. He had told me that the hunger would only last for a while. It was going to be strong at the beginning and once I would take control of it, I could stop myself anytime.

The taste of the blood remained on my lips when I walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened it slightly and looked out from the little gap formed. The hallway was clear, dim gold lights shone the area. I couldn't sense anyone there.

Was Wayne gone? Was there anyone in the house?

"Wayne?" I choked out his name, hoping he would be here and he would come for me. I needed more blood—not from him but from anywhere.

I just needed it.

I waited for a few seconds before turning my head away and closing the door. Just as I was about to walk away, the door behind me opened and Wayne walked inside.

My first instinct upon seeing him wasn't to rip his head of and suck him dry, instead, it was inhaling his scent and finding comfort in the mate bond we shared. His scent filled up my lungs when he came inside. It was calming.

"I need more blood..." I trailed off, standing a distance away from him and rolling my hands into fists to control my urges.

"I'll get you but you shouldn't drink that much, Clara. You have to hold yourself together." His voice boomed in the silence and finally I heard something asides from my own inner thoughts.

"Please." I begged without hesitation. "Just some more." I could hear the desperation in my voice and it sounded worst than I had ever imagined.

"You'll never know how to control if submit to your hunger." He whispered while placing his hands over my shoulders. The pulsating of his heartbeat grew stronger in my ears, almost as it was right beside me.

I jumped away from him and turned around. The scorching dryness returned into my throat, driving me to turn around and take a leap at him.

"Just leave me alone, then." I stated, my tone as deep as it could get. With all the hunger, I couldn't even recognize myself.

"Clara..."

"Please. Just go." I pleaded while finally meeting his intense gaze. His eyes were filled with sympathy for me. He was hurt, just as much as I was and I couldn't bear to him like that. I wanted to find control, for myself, for him, for us but it was going to take time and it was going to be a struggle.

Things couldn't turn around in a night.

My eyes teared up and I sat down on the edge of the bed, my palms flat against the mattress while my head lowered. "I don't want to be like this." I murmured as the animalistic hunger passed away for the moment.

He sat beside me, just an inch away and in silence, we both stared up at the window in front of the bed. The tree wavered outside and the moon shone as bright as it could. What had I ever done to get this? Why me? Why him? It was something I could never understand. Wayne shifted a little, placing his hand over mine and curling his fingers.

"I'm here for you, Clara. It's going to get hard, a lot harder than you think and I might have to do thing you don't like but remember that at the end of the day, I'm just helping you." He spoke quietly. "I don't want to loose you, never again. You'll learn to control, you'll learn to live with it and I'll make sure of that."

I turned my head to him and smiled, "Thank you."

He met with my gaze and returned my smile, "Don't. You and I, we are together forever. Nothing that you'll ever do will change my love for you. Always remember that."

Read the full book on Patreon, or on Inkitt.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions