Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"I killed him," I mumbled before rolling the pages and turning around to the next page. The silence was thick when I told Wayne who I had killed. Meeting with his eyes, I quickly added, "He wasn't a good guy and he had molested quite a few women around the city. I wasn't comfortable in living with a rapist and my motherly instincts were acting up, therefore, the need to kill."

"You created a whole mess." He sighed and then shook his head in disappointment. His eyes lowered to the next image of a young, teenage boy. "What about him?"

"No, I didn't kill him!" I said, speaking the truth.

Over the past hour, we had gone through different deaths that happened in the city under Thomas' ruling while I was living there. I managed to find most of the men I had killed out of anger and spite but the rest murders weren't on me.

"Are you sure?"

"He's a young, teenage boy. I wouldn't kill him." My lashes flickered and I gawked at Wayne in disbelief to even think that I would kill an innocent child.

When I left town and fled to the city, I had an unfamiliar urge to kill the wrongdoers and I had managed to kill quite a lot of men during my stay there. It was the only reason why Thomas kidnapped me and threatened me.

I didn't regret killing any of them, not even Thomas. They deserved whatever they got.

"Well, I suppose that does it." He folded the papers and collected them before placing them over another bundle. "I hope you don't go around killing anyone here." He returned his attention to me and said.

I scoffed and then waved my hand, "Of course, I wouldn't kill anyone—" then, I thought about it. "Until they harm me." I smiled at him.

A frown fell over his face, "I'm here to protect you. You don't need to kill anyone." He said, walking away from the table and coming around to near me. His hand stretched, reaching my hair before he pulled a few strands of my hair behind my ear. "I'm your mate."

"Yes."

I accepted him, regardless of our differences but for some reason, I couldn't accept him fully, until I was aware of every bit detail of his one year without me. I wanted to know what all he had done and what secrets he hid from me.

So, I began, "How's the pack doing? I went over to the hills a few days ago and it's beautiful. I see you've changed a lot of things." I questioned him, slowly as he drifted back to the couch.

We were still inside his lavish, old-style office, making up things and spending the day together to learn about each other. I had told him all that I had done, where I had stayed, the neighbor next door, the little boy I played with, and the people I had killed. There were only a couple of details I had left out but asides from that, Wayne knew everything else.

It was his chance now.

"It's good. They actually see me as an Alpha now, especially when there is no one else to control me. I have full control of the town and everything works out the way I want it to work out." He explained, a bit of concern on his face. I suppose it was because of the past few years had been hard on him as the Alpha of the pack.

The Omegas were always separated from the rest of the pack but when I went over to the hills, I could finally see that they had settled down with whatever had been given to them.

"What did you do over the year? How did you gain their trust?" I asked, leaning against the desk and folding my leg across the other one.

"Threats and punishments," He grinned while his eyes spread through my body. "It always works."