FIGHTING HIS FEELINGS

Cassandra and Eros didn't say a word to each other until they got home. Cassandra didn't wait for Leo to open the door for her; she got off the car and stormed into the building. Eros followed her immediately, getting pissed with her attitude. He was supposed to be the angry one here; he was the one humiliated. How dare she? He wanted to be as mad at her as he used to be, but he couldn't. He was so focused on finding out what was going on in her mind that he didn't get as mad as he should have. He followed her up the stairs, and once they were in his room, he slammed the door shut, and in one quick motion, he strode over to her, grabbed her wrist, and turned her to face him.

Her back was pressed against the dresser, and she looked away from him, avoiding his eyes. He stared at her for a while. The heat from her engulfed him, and he restrained himself from hauling her against him and kissing her silly. Why was she so damn sexy? He began to speak immediately to blot that thought out of his mind.

"Look at me," he commanded.

"I don't want to," she replied.

He would have given her a dirty slap in normal circumstances, but this was not normal. It was driving him crazy how weak he had become for this woman. She had to know that he was the boss around here and give him that respect. He dragged her away from the dresser and pinned her to a wall, his palm resting on either side of her head, trapping her. He noticed she was trying hard for their bodies not to touch, and he leaned on her, his lips aligning with her ear and his breath fanning against her neck, her body stiffening under him.

"What you tried today," he began in a voice cold as steel, hoping to convey the message. "Never try it again. I am your boss and don't like being told what to do." He pulled away from her, giving her time to catch her breath.

"And I don't like being challenged," she retorted as he turned his back to leave.

He stopped and turned to look at her, a deep frown sitting on his brows. "What did you say?" He has never seen anyone so audacious. After pulling that stunt in front of everyone at the club, he was sure every other girl would be crippled with fear by now and probably would have apologized for acting so erratic. Still, this woman was not only angry with him, but she was talking back at him. She doesn't regard him and the feeling of that now debilitated him. He was so weak in the knees because he couldn't even find himself harming her again. What was he going to do with her?

"You gave me the rein, and I am taking the lead. If you want me to act as your woman, you should also learn to act as if you compromise for me. I hate men that are not trustworthy," she spat, and for some strange reason, he felt a jab at his heart.

"What does that even mean?"

"Who tells a woman to pretend to be theirs this minute and is ready to sell her off the next minute?"

Was it what all this was about? "I didn't sell you off, did I? If I did, you wouldn't be standing here running your mouth because you still have it," he retorted.

"Oh, indulge me, Eros Castillo, leader of the El Dragon gang. What else are you good at if not to show wickedness? I am still surprised that my face has not been battered up." She was riling him up, and she knew it; she was pushing too far, and it was dangerous. Eros was an egomaniac and had severe anger issues. How was she even going to pretend to love someone she hates?

"I didn't try to sell you off." It surprised them both that he was trying to explain himself and not act like the animal he usually was, but Cassandra was still ready to push; she wanted him to feel the hurt he had caused her. Since she didn't measure up in strength, she will keep hurting his ego.

"What do you call bargaining with your partner in crime for a specific price?"

"Cassandra, you really have to watch your language now. I wasn't bargaining with that bastard," Eros defended, he couldn't even believe he was trying to explain and defend himself right now. "He kept talking about you and offering me up to $8,000,000, but I told him I wasn't interested, and the moment I excused myself to speak with Javier, the idiot slid into the restroom."