MARRY ME 2

Eros removed the cloth covering the woman's face and stared at her. She glared back at him, not even looking scared. He had never seen this woman before. Why does she attack women he had something to do with? His eyes scanned her body. He had asked his men to strip her to her underwear, and they did. She didn't have any tattoos, no marks, no scars. Was she working for someone? They didn't torture her because Cassandra wouldn't like it. She had begged him to hand the woman over to the police once he caught her. He would hand her over, but not without trying to pry out information from her. She nearly killed his woman.

"Who are you?" he asked in a gruff voice.

"Fuck you," the woman retorted.

His hands folded into fists, and his jaw clenched. He would have tortured her in the worst possible ways if it were his old self. This woman had the gut to curse at him. He stretched his hand and Javier handed him the gun. He moved closer and bent so that his face was on the same level as the woman's.

"I won't repeat myself. Who are you?" The woman chuckled sarcastically. It infuriated Eros and he wasn't sure he would yield to Cassandra's request. "Javier, I want this on video, send it to all the syndicates you know within and outside of Spain, I am sure her boss will identify her."

"Yes, boss." Javier took out his phone and started to record.

Eros put the gun to her head. "You must know that I am not a very patient man. Do not provoke me if you don't want to experience my wrath. I will ask you for the last time. Who are you and who are you working for?" He cocked the gun and motioned to his men to bring the bucket and the teaser. He saw a glint of fear in her eyes, and he knew he was getting somewhere.

There was a long silence. Eros waited for the girl who looked uncertain now. Javier put the camera on her face so that she would be seen easily. Eros stepped into the camera, his gun still on the woman's temple.

"I usually don't do this," he started. "But I am giving whoever it is a warning. I will find out who she is working for, cut her into parts and mail her parts to you. Don't think I can't find out. I haven't done anything to her because I never took it seriously." He turned back to the girl. "Now, will you tell me who the fuck you are working for, or is it worth losing your life? But whether or not you tell me now, I will find out, but by then, you would probably be dead. Make it easy on yourself and spill now."

"I work for no one," the girl said in a shaky voice.

"You think I believe that? Speak up!" Eros boomed. "Why did you stab Cassandra?!"

"I was jealous— I— I — we met some years ago; I know you won't remember me."

"What's your name?"

"Rene— Rene is my name."

Eros repeated the name, wondering if he had met anyone with the name before. He couldn't remember. He had dealt with a lot of women, and he could vaguely remember their faces or names. "Rene, what's your last name?"

"Rene Martini," she said, her voice still cracked.

"Where did we meet?" He looked at Javier and Bully. "Run a background check on Rene Martini as soon as possible." Bully nodded and went over to the table where a laptop sat.

"At a dinner party. One Mr. Christiano's party. I was fresh out of college and was looking to have some fun and a friend invited me to this dinner party. You paid for my drink that night and we talked. We had a connection; it was beautiful, and I wanted something serious out of it."

"So, you started stalking me?"

"No. We parted ways after that night and when we met again, you couldn't remember me because you were with some girl. So, I got pissed and thought you were pretending not to know me because of her. I followed her to her house to warn her to stay away from you— but we got into a fight and— and I stabbed her. She bled to death, and I ran away because I was scared. I didn't know what to do."