BETRAYAL

Going for two days without speaking with Apollo was getting heart-wrenching for Cassandra. The worst part was that she had no one to speak to about what she was passing through and how she felt. Her heart was heavy, and Apollo was the only person that could relate to her. Lucia has not even spoken to her after Carlos' incident, and she didn't know why. She has not even seen her friend since that day, so while Eros was at work the next day, she decided to go over to Lucia's room and talk vaguely about her predicament.

The boy's quarters was quiet when she got there as everyone had left for their different duty posts. Some even went out with Eros; Cassandra was happy about that. It was almost evening and Lucia must have finished whatever chores she was doing, so it wasn't a bad time to catch up with her. Once she was at Lucia's door, she knocked once and went in but stopped abruptly at what she saw.

They didn't even notice her come in or were simply ignoring her. Her feet were suddenly too heavy to move, and she was so shocked that all she did was stare at her friend on top of her man, riding him. Hot tears ran down her cheeks and her lips quivered uncontrollably. It was Apollo who saw her first and he quickly shoved Lucia away from him, stood and pulled up his pants. Cassandra was too shocked to move; she doubled over, clutching her chest, her heart heavy with sorrow.

Apollo rushed over to her. "Cassie, Cassie, I can explain..." But his voice sounded distant to her ears, and her eyes were blurred with tears. Apollo glanced at Lucia. "Leave us."

Lucia smiled devilishly. "Why?"

"Are you asking me why?" Apollo demanded, his tone picking up.

"Yes. Why will I leave here because Cassandra came in? Why do you want to explain things to her?"

Cassandra straightened up and began to wipe her tears. "I will leave first," she said. But Apollo grabbed her wrist.

"Cassie, please." Lucia snorted and Apollo glared at her. "Get out now or..."

"Or what?" Lucia retorted, moving closer. "Huh? Answer me, or what? Are you going to beat me up and explain that you did that because Cassandra walked in on us fucking? Are you going to tell the whole mansion that you are her lover and was only here to kill Eros and escape with her?"

Cassandra's heart dropped to the floor, and she turned to look at Lucia with dilated eyes. Even Apollo seem surprised by the revelation, Luca's face pulled into a sinister.

"You knew?" Cassandra asked but her voice came out in a hoarse whisper.

Lucia scoffed. "You underestimate me, Cassandra."

Fresh tears poured down Cassandra's cheeks. "You...you knew and yet you decided to stab me?"

"Stab you?!" Lucia chuckled sarcastically and then glared at her. "I will stab you again and again if I have to."

"Lucia," Apollo cautioned.

"Stay out of this, big man." Lucia turned to Cassandra. "What? You think I got your back? You are a snake and I hate you." Cassandra just stared unbelievably at her with tears in her eyes. "You can manipulate everyone in this mansion but not me."

"Lucia, I didn't manipulate anyone..." her voice broke off.

Lucia scoffed. "Grandma Adella, Bully, Eros, Javier, how is everyone on your side? Why are you being treated specially? You are not the first girl to be brought here and won't be the last, but you keep getting everyone's attention. Speaking of betrayal, you betrayed me first. Your lover came here in disguise, and you didn't even trust me enough to tell me about it and you went on fucking Eros even when I told you I was in love with him."

"Lucia, I have never slept with him..." Cassandra cried.

"Tell that to a day-old baby. Remember what I always say to you? The men here are for nobody and everybody, so I expect you to understand me, at least I didn't hide my intentions about him for once, unlike you Cassandra. You are a lying, manipulative bitch and Eros will find out sooner, so what do you say? Get out of here, pretend nothing happened, or watch me expose you both?"